Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE75Q80TA screen replacement or get QE75Q60BA

(Topic created on: 05-03-2023 08:45 PM)
Acko
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Please can anyone give me advice of best course of action. I bought my QE75Q80TA in August 2020 at £2999 I think it was with 5 year warranty.
Now I have some white lines running through screen and so I have been offered a new screen replacement.

But due to high cost of repair I have been offered a choice to put some money towards a new TV. From what it looks like on prices of these TV’s that the screen will be around £1100 -£1200 so I just make up difference for New TV.

With these options below for Samsung TV.

QE75Q60BA​
QE75QN90BA​
QE75Q80BA​
£241.00​
£1,039.00​
£741.00​

Anyway I don’t know what to do but do not want to pay a lot of money so was thinking of the QE75Q60BA for £241 extra if I was to.

I guess my question is that if I go for that one is that a better Spec than my own TV or not and should just get screen replaced? Or is there another TV better in that price range?

Also what I can’t understand is that my TV cost £2999 at the time and now I would be replacing it with a £1400 TV. That surely can’t be right?
Am I missing something.

Any help would be appreciated as this has been dragging on a while a Dont know what to do. The 75” Tv Will be wall mounted.

Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Acko
First Poster
Options

Anyone know of these TV’s?

0 Likes
Fireblade6342
First Poster
Options

I guess it depends on what you use the TV for (in terms of if it will be better)
I'd compare the statistics of the TV's/ look at reviews of them to make your decision. 
As for why its worth less its down to spec. 
Your insurance/ warrenty covers you for a simmilar spec TV (for John lewis they list spec) richer sounds list some other bits but fundamentally the TV's they have offered you will be of similar spec to your TV now (but obviously Tech moved forward and gets cheaper over time (so thats where the decrease in Value is) 

As far as I can see the 60B has a 60Hz screen so if you use HDMI 4 on your existing TV for 120Hz gaming I'd avoid that and go to the 80B or 90B. 

But ultimately the choice is yours, if you don't game the cheaper upgrade would be fine :smiling-face: 

0 Likes