Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE65QN95A On Screen Volume Display

(Topic created on: 18-02-2022 04:49 PM)
PJS28
Explorer
Options

Hi Samsung,

Is there any way to disable this from showing?  If not can you add the functionality to disable it in the next release?

I'm using this with a Sonos arc and while my old KS9000 allowed me to use the Sky Q remote discreetly to turn up the volume without showing the display this does not and it's hugely annoying every time I want to up the volume. 

Surely this is a feature you could add?

9 REPLIES 9
CarlH
Options

Hi @PJS28. Thanks for your feedback. We will pass this on to our colleagues. 

PJS28
Explorer
Options

Has this been passed on?  Looking at the forums here (there are multiple threads) it's a feature many Samsung users would like.  If it's not introduced in the near future I think this set will be moved on and replaced by another brand.  Surely it's something what would be quite easy to implement as a feature in the settings.  

Yesh M
First Poster
Options

Yeah, I got the TV, got it all set up, then tried watching something - the OSD coming up any time I changed volume made it unusable.

I did everything I could to get the OSD not to pop up, even searching the forums - the only solution? Return the TV, get a slightly worse screen from another manufacturer, that's infinitely more usable because the new screen is (gasp!) a screen for watching things, not a screen that takes over the center right 5th with OSD anytime I need to adjust volume.

About to write to RTings to let them know their current suggested "#1 LED" is unusable as a screen if you want to adjust volume while watching.

PJS28
Explorer
Options

Hi Carl - Did this ever get passed on? 

0 Likes
irebel
Journeyman
Options

How is this still a thing? I purchased the QN90B, first time owning a Samsung TV and this surprised me. If it is not fixed soon I will be returning the TV. 

0 Likes
NWNiner
First Poster
Options

Seems Samsung will never address this. It’s been far too long to still have this problem. 

0 Likes
DDSAg09
First Poster
Options

Seriously Samsung, please add an option to disable this OSD. I just upgraded from an older Q70 to an S95B and looking at this stupid volume display is VERY annoying. Seriously considering returning the TV for another brand. I get 2 way feedback between Sonos and my Control4 remote, I do NOT need to see this on the screen while trying to watch. 

Kittyg
First Poster
Options

The only solution I've found is using optical as the audio output from sky q to my amp and running the hdmi direct to the TV. Still annoying as it doesn't control the amps power.

0 Likes
Keven7
Apprentice
Options

I just got a new S95C (first Samsung TV) and was so excited after setting it up. The picture looks incredible!! Then I adjusted the volume (Sonos Beam) and saw the big OSD on the left. I thought certainly there’s gotta be a way to turn off this unnecessary visual. So I tried the settings with no success. Then off to the internet I went and now here I am, typing away about the lack of this simple functionality.

So what started as genuine excitement has turned into major frustration. Had I known I’d be forced to view this annoying volume box every time I adjust the volume, I likely would have went with a different brand. This small lack of a feature really ruined the experience for me. I really hope it’s added in an update soon.

0 Likes