Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

QE65Q9FN will not perform Schedule Recordings

(Topic created on: 19-10-2018 09:44 AM)
tranx
Pioneer
Options

Hi. The supplier has not heard of similar problems and says that the recording function is something which is not used by most customers. They do not have a demo model in the shop so know nothing about it, nor does supplier seem to think it is a function which could be expected to work.

Samsung Customer Services did not seem to know much about scheduled recordings but suggested a software update (already up to date), retune (done several times), and reset to factory settings (which has been done without success). 

The Tv is only a couple of months old and scheduled recording functions did work occasionally at first, either by terrestrial tuner (poor reception) or by the twin satellite tuners (excellent reception), which are in use currently.

The separately powered Western Digital USB hard drives WD 'My Book For TV Recording' and, without separate power supply: 'My Passport AV-TV for TV Recording  1TB', will both do instant recording but will not carry out scheduled recordings.

When recordings have been set up via the EPG, they appear in the planned recordings page to have been scheduled correctly, and there is notification each time the TV thinks a recording has taken place, but nothing gets recorded.

In another thread it has been mentioned that after a short while recording does not work but would appreciate further advice about this.

Does your  QE9FN record or not?

and can you offer any solutions or suggest any other things to try please?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@tranx wrote:

Hi. The supplier has not heard of similar problems and says that the recording function is something which is not used by most customers. They do not have a demo model in the shop so know nothing about it, nor does supplier seem to think it is a function which could be expected to work.

Samsung Customer Services did not seem to know much about scheduled recordings but suggested a software update (already up to date), retune (done several times), and reset to factory settings (which has been done without success). 

The Tv is only a couple of months old and scheduled recording functions did work occasionally at first, either by terrestrial tuner (poor reception) or by the twin satellite tuners (excellent reception), which are in use currently.

The separately powered Western Digital USB hard drives WD 'My Book For TV Recording' and, without separate power supply: 'My Passport AV-TV for TV Recording  1TB', will both do instant recording but will not carry out scheduled recordings.

When recordings have been set up via the EPG, they appear in the planned recordings page to have been scheduled correctly, and there is notification each time the TV thinks a recording has taken place, but nothing gets recorded.

In another thread it has been mentioned that after a short while recording does not work but would appreciate further advice about this.

Does your  QE9FN record or not?

and can you offer any solutions or suggest any other things to try please?

It is a known issue with Samsung's TV. They will not admit it but I was told by their UK CEO'S office when they exchanged my ks9500 for a q9f due to this issue. I had a new one connect and new main board in the ks.  It would work for a few weeks then stop. It would do time shift and record what you were watching. What annoyed me is they know it is an issue but still have you jumping through hoop. They want resets,  screen shots,  I took 2 days off work for their enginees. They tried to blame the USB drives,  and also the broadcasting companies. I have also a 32 inch Samsung smart TV which records fine,  also a Samsung freest recorder that works fine. They did say it was an unfixable fault. More info on ks refunds more info thread on these forums. 

Paul

tranx
Pioneer
Options
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@tranx wrote:

Thanks Paul.

I found the 8 page thread at https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/UE49KS8000-scheduled-recordings-not-working/m-p/1...

No probs just don't be fobbed off. It is an expensive TV and should work as advertised. Show your retailer that it is a known issue and ask for a replacement. 

Paul

0 Likes
Solution
tranx
Pioneer
Options

Recently, and for no obvious reason, our TV has been able reliably to record scheduled programmes.

It has not been tried recently with Freeview  but have been delighted to have it working at last.

Apart from the odd crash everything else has been fine too and long may this continue.

There has been no report from Samsung that something has been done to fix this so the recovery remains a mystery.

0 Likes
niniki
Journeyman
Options

I have to say the £3k of money we spent on a Samsung TV goes down as our worst purchase ever.

In winter, with the sun low to the side, you can't watch it without the curtains pulled (Samsung's reply was to essentially move the window as there's no other wall available for it!).

And the software... Oh boy!

(1) Too many reservations. Reset.

(2) Click a notification when paused - go to live and lose paused content. Live with it.

(3) Recordings don't start (even if you've just had the notification). Tough.

(3) Recordings you've scheduled just vanish from the scheduled recordings.

I absolutely LOATHE this TV, and can't wait for it to blow up so I can get another brand. Hopefully it won't be just yet, as I'll be paying for it for the next 2 years. Should have been able to dump it under the Replacement Program we bought it under, but they quietly shelves it and then restarted it (like a dodgy car dealer) presumably so that people like me couldn't get rid of the useless junk they sold us at premium price.

0 Likes