Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE65Q8FAM - Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Atmos?

(Topic created on: 05-06-2020 11:04 PM)
ChrisJR9090
First Poster
Options

My TV currently supports Dolby Digital Plus and I wanted to check if this means it will support Dolby Atmos?

TV Model is: QE65Q8FAM

I am thinking of ordering the new Sonos ARC (upgrade from the Playbar) and using the new HDMI Arc for Dolby Atmos, and all-round better audio. Does anyone else have this TV and can confirm it will passthrough Atmos? I would be using it for Netflix (built-in), FIlms and Gaming.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Adakitman
Explorer
Options

I have the QE65Q950R which also has DD+ but I also have an option for Atmos in the expert sound settings. From what I've been reading on different forums if your tv sends out Atmos through DD+ you still get Atmos but not pure Atmos for which you need eARC, a promised firmware update but that's a different story! I have bought the Arc and as I'm not a massive audiophile I don't think the difference will be noticeable in my living room and it will be an upgrade to the playbar. You will find a great source of info on this on the SONOS support forum, there are multiple threads which go through this in greater detail.

0 Likes
Scottfres3268
First Poster
Options

DD+ is up to 8.1 DD is 5.1 nether support Dolby Atmos just went through it myself.  

0 Likes