Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE65Q800TATXXU

(Topic created on: 30-05-2022 11:56 AM)
GingerNinja1359
First Poster
Options

My tv  QE65Q800TATXXU has been looked at by Samsung's authorized repair company as the tv was switching itself on and off repeatedly. The technician who came done something to allow me to watch 2 thirds of the screen stating that  I would need to purchase a new screen as it cannot be repaired. The television is only 19 months old so the warranty is out of date.

The repair firm quoted me £1128 to replace the screen. Now this a lot of money to replace a screen on something that is only 19 months old.

I have been in touch with Hughes where I purchased it from and also Samsung to get a bit of help. Hughes just kept repeating 12 months warranty and Samsung are wanting a technical report of the problem which I cannot seem to get from the repair firm I told Samsung to ask their repairer direct  as they suggested them.

What are your thoughts on  this. Any help would de appreciated as £1128 is a lot of money to fork out. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Toddy94
Pioneer
Options
I am surprised it lasted 19 months my q900t screen failed twice in 11 months.
You can try samsung but they can't get screens and because your out of warranty they will drop you like a stone Samsung are not good quality
0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Looking around the tv should have a 5 year warranty if you registered your tv when you first bought it
G G
0 Likes
BinaHejazi
First Poster
Options
Next time make sure you buy your TV from Costco that automatically gives 5 years warranty on all TV purchases.
0 Likes
GingerNinja1359
First Poster
Options
Thank you
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @GingerNinja1359 Pity you did not have a longer warranty which is available from some stores and Samsung on occasions.  obviously it is quite a lot to pay and depends whether you think that would be worthwhile.   There is some protection from the consumer Rights Act 2015 (separate to Warranty)  but after six months it becomes more challenging where the onus is more on the consumer to prove that there was a  known problem with the product at the time they purchased it.  Information on the which website https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
GingerNinja1359
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your reply.

0 Likes
ChesneyH123
First Poster
Options

The same problem, initially in the first year. the screen was replaced and the engineer highlighted £1200 would have been the cost. Then lines appeared just after 24months of purchase. finally the screen just turns on and off again. RRP of the TV was £3999. I am not sure that replacing a screen every year is gong to work for me. 

0 Likes
ChesneyH123
First Poster
Options

good to know. 

0 Likes