Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE65Q7FN loses Sky Q box after being in standby

(Topic created on: 15-05-2018 10:53 PM)
dtriggs
Apprentice
Options

I have just bought a new Qled QE65q7fn - and it is not working with Sky Q properly. When the system has been in standby for a number of hours the sky is no longer recognised by the TV’s hdmi 1. It keeps saying power it on when it already is.  A reboot of sky then sorts it. I cannot unplug the Sky Q every time I want to use it !! My Sky Q box was fine with the previous Panasonic though. Not sure what to do now. I have got hdmi ON on both devices. I have eco off on both- and all combinations. Quite a few people on the Sky forums are having this issue.

Any solutions at all ?

44 REPLIES 44
dtriggs
Apprentice
Options

If only it was Sky. I changed when I couldn’t solve it to a Panasonic and with no change of sky box and it was all fine. Definitely Samsung issue I think. 

0 Likes
Jskhgtubv
First Poster
Options
Had same issue, sky engineers unable to fix. Tried to tell them problem was to do with HDMI communication but they would not listen. I tried many things such as better HDMI cable and tweaking settings on TV. In the end I tried the setting on the Q mini box, and when I switched off the HDMI control in the audio visual settings the problem was finally solved.
Hopefully it is just this final step you need to fix the issue.
0 Likes
Timwintle1979
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing the same issue some 4 years after this thread was started.  I’m not sure its power on/power off related as I can leave the sky box alone, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI lead and it comes back to life

0 Likes
Timwintle1979
First Poster
Options

I had a sony TV prior to this and it used to regularly display an error message.  It inclines me to think that there is a handshake issue between sky q and whatever it is plugged into.  My gut tells me its a sky q fault but manifests differently on every TV model (except seemingly panasonic).  Its incredibly annoying since the only fix is a full power cycle on the sky q box.

I work as a software tester and sadly passing the buck is an all too common occurence. What should happen is both companies collaborate to find the solution for their mutual customers

What we know:

cycling power on sky box is one way to fix

if the q box is forced into standby mode and is left for a prolonged period of time it breaks the connection

So, there’s something specific that happens to the HDMI ports on the q box, possibly related to energy saving that causes it to enter this state

Happy to work with anybody from samsung/sky to help resolve this for customers as reproduction steps are often the hardest part to get to.

0 Likes
Members_L1UWwmZ
First Poster
Options

I have a q 90b 75” and it does this on ps5 and sky q. Is there a fix?  

does any work for Samsung here? 

0 Likes