Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qe55s95BA OLED TV cannot connect to NAS (Synology 218+)

(Topic created on: 13-12-2022 02:13 PM)
Neil22
First Poster
Options

Worse than cannot connect, this new OLED doesn’t seem to have the ability to “point” to a specific IP address on a LAN and have a credentials  entered. My 13 year Samsung allow this, or am I missing something? I simply want to show the photos stories on the NAS (Synology) on my anew 4kTV. Any ideas please.

using the ‘connect’ button it does display other IP devices connected to the same LAN switch ( 24 port managed Netgear ) but specifically not the NAS if that helps. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Biermeister
First Poster
Options

This is an "any idea", throwing out a quick uninformed thought. You said "managed", so maybe you have a rule in the way? Try changing ports, or better a dumb switch temporarily to see if anything changes. I think Synology is a pain in the butt personally (but see little alternatives), so you are definitely trying to get two difficult things to play well together :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Neil22
First Poster
Options

You got it.  Synology is a pain. I think I have the permission set, the LAN protocol engaged etc etc etc,.  I had not thought of trying a simple unmanned switch though, so I will give that a go.  That's a good idea , thanks.  What I'd love to understand is what the TV is expecting. Does it somehow use a DNLA service or is it some version SMB protocol.  There is nothing technical in the Samsung manual. I appreciate few people will either be interested or capable, but a few of us are, so it would be nice to have a more detailed technology explanation.  In the meantime I'll attempt to move things forward with an unmanned switch.

0 Likes