Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55S95 causing sky mini box to lock up

(Topic created on: 07-02-2023 10:42 AM)
Mpcpba
First Poster
Options

I have a 2 month old QE55S95BATXXU Samsung tv running 1420.9 software. We have sky Q and have a sky mini and Sonos Beam soundbar connected via HDMI with earc switching. We mostly use the SKY remote as universal remote and watche most content via Sky.

This all worked fine for a couple of weeks. Then the sky mini box started to lock up after it had gone on standby overnight and it needed a reboot each day

Each time we use the set up we now have to to turn off the TV AND turn the sky mini box into standby . If we leave the Sky mini powered on for more than around an hour or so the TV will not recognise the sky mini's input when we turn the TV on again. We then have to reboot the sky mini. And it is then ok. Until the next time we forget.

We have had a replacement Sky mini but this has not changed anything.

The Sky community identify this as a Samsung software issue. It seems to have started after the 1420.9 update dropped in early December. To me it seems that there is an issue with how the Samsung earc communicates with the Sky mini. 

NB I have a QE65QN800  Samsung TV connected to the main Sky q box which never has a problem. I had a Sony tv connected to the sky mini previously and also never had a problem with that either. 

Is this a Samsung software issue? Are there software updates in the pipeline which will solve this? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
CammyG85
First Poster
Options

Hello there, great minds think alike. Just joined this community in the hope of finding some answers from Samsung re this lock up issues. I have emailed Technical, so once i hear back i will keep you updated...

Lawrence Hobbs
Student
Options

I have much the same issue. Please keep me updated. Thanks. 

0 Likes
Lawrence Hobbs
Student
Options

I have now switched from sky q to sky stream and haven’t had the problem since. 

0 Likes
Mpcpba
First Poster
Options

We still have the same problem. It must be a software issue but even after some updates on sky the problem is still there for me. Very infuriating as we can never allow the tv and sky box to go into standby. I have to use an Alexa device to turn the sky box off and on to get the TV to see it. 

0 Likes