Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55S90 with HW-S800B - sound cutting out

(Topic created on: 28-04-2024 12:49 PM)
BrizzleRocker
Explorer
Options

I bought a new TV and Soundbar that was delivered in December. I found some previous posts that said to avoid connecting them with wireless and use a cable which I've duly done. Sound is good for the most part but watching Dune on Netflix last night it was cutting out, very noticeably, every 5 to 10 minutes.

I did try Live TV and swapping cables but with no luck.

This is a massive disappointment considering how much I spent and how these systems are supposed to be compatible.

Any thoughts before I return the whole lot and buy a Sony?

21 REPLIES 21
Cirrus_F
Student
Options
I have raised a call with Samsung. Issue seems to be with HDMI input. Seems OK on WiFi.
PGee72
First Poster
Options

Same issue with tv & s800 soundbar.. very annoying. Anyone heard anything / got a fix/ know how to wind back the recent update which caused the issue? And is everyone else having difficulty getting help from samsung ?

psb27
First Poster
Options
I have s90c+s800b setup and same intermittent audio cutout issue. I am using the soundbar via wifi Qsymphony
Kodenine
First Poster
Options

I have the s90c and 850 soundbar and I'm having the same issue! Samsung please fix this!

Ry4
Student
Options
Just got 90c and s800b, same issue, intermittent drops when soundbar on hdmi connection
Leontij
First Poster
Options

Have the same issue, this is awful

Ahhmrlee
Apprentice
Options

My TV has just updated to 1410.1

Hopefully this has fixed the issue!! 

0 Likes
WP2024
Student
Options
Does anyone know if the new updates have fixed these issues?

Wow, my s90c had just arrived, and im awaiting my new sound bar. This is not inspiring much confidence. I'm seriously considering returning s90c and getting an A8OL from Sony instead.
Ps I had to call samaungs a few times this week had the customer service was so, So bad. Really, really rude.
I haven't even had the tmv two days, and already buyers remorse is setting in.
Ahhmrlee
Apprentice
Options

The latest update has completely fixed the sound issues I was having. I have had no problems at all since 

WP2024
Student
Options
Praise goodness lol
I don't suppose you know if s90c earc/hdmi supports dolby atmos / DTS X for Samsung soumdbars?
I'm not really well versed in this area and wasn't sure what sort of quality to expect.
0 Likes