Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55QN700ATX QLED TV Switching itself off regularly

(Topic created on: 21-10-2022 09:20 PM)
Muzz
Explorer
Options

I have had my QE55QN700ATX for around 10 months now and it's been working fine until this week when it has started turning itself off every 10-30 minutes with no warning.  Sometimes it will turn itself back on immediately (after a couple of seconds) but other times I have to turn it back on myself with the remote control.

It does it when I am watching Sky (via Sky Q box) or when playing on PS4 so it doesn't appear to be related to either of those.

Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, what was the cause and solution please?

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Muzz ,

as per the information provided in your post this seems to be related to the HDMI port or cable. Would you be able to disconnect all the external devices and test the TV every time you connect a new one? When you found the one causing the issue try a different cable or port, this will help us determine if the issue is with the HDMI port, the cable, or the external device itself. 

0 Likes
Muzz
Explorer
Options

Hi @TessM  - thanks for your reply.  I had wondered if it was cable and/or HDMI related as I know some devices can control the power to the TV when connected via HDMI.  This morning I had just checked that all the cables were plugged in fully and one was a little lose, and since checking the connections the TV seems to be behaving itself so far, but I'll monitor it over the weekend and if any further help is needed I'll let you know, thank you.

Muzz
Explorer
Options
I spoke too soon - it's done it a couple more times this afternoon so I'll unplug the cables as suggested and see if I can determine which if any of them are causing the issue
Muzz
Explorer
Options
It's just done it twice in 5 minutes, the picture went off first then the sound, the name of the TV flashed up briefly then the picture and sound came back on by themselves
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I'm so sorry to hear that. Would you be able to tell me if this happened when any of the external devices were connected to the TV? Have you tested the TV without any of them plugged in? 

0 Likes
Muzz
Explorer
Options
I was using Sky Q at the time. I've changed the lead between Sky Q and the TV to try that. If it still does it I'll unplug Sky Q and try just watching the TV with nothing connected
0 Likes
Muzz
Explorer
Options
Hi @TessM - after a weekend of testing it would appear it isn't directly an HDMI issue as I had no devices connected to it today but still saw the issue twice. Both devices were disconnected whilst I streamed content via Disney+ but the TV still switched itself off. It then turned itself back on but was reporting no devices connected, which was correct. I had to put the Disney+ back on as the TV had reset itself ie. Stopped running the app
0 Likes
Muzz
Explorer
Options

Hi @TessM  - one thing I did wonder is if it is power lead issue, as the TV seems to be powering down then up again so I am trying to get hold of a replacement power lead to try.  if that still does not fix the issue are there any log files or anything I can send you to have a look at to see if the TV is capturing why it is restarting so regularly?

0 Likes
Apprentice
Options

Mines 4 months old been repaired 3 times and now screen goes blank but sound on then switches off then turns back on