Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

QE55Q95T - HDR does not work on Prime Video app

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 07:28 AM)
GisleHH
Apprentice
Options

This used to work just a few weeks ago. Prime Video would stream 4K HDR content fine on my TV. Now it won't. Even content I have watched in HDR before (The Expanse season 4). Both Netflix and Youtube will turn on HDR for the TV.

I tried amazon customer support. They were not very helpful and told me to contact Samsung. One thing I learned was that the app installed on my TV is not listed in my registered devices on my Prime Video account. My android phone is listed with the android app. My TV is listed but no apps are registered.

Have any of you encountered this problem?

How do I check which is the current version of the Prime Video app for the TV? The app seems to be updated with the latest version. But it also seems that updates has been a problem for others before.

Go to solution
116 REPLIES 116
Since Plasma
First Poster
Options

Exact same problems as you all. Come on Samsung!

0 Likes
Since Plasma
First Poster
Options

Same-thing here was working then sudden stop I have 65in Q90t only Prime HDR not working Netflix, Apple TV is fine. Funny thing my 65in KS8500 can play Prime Video hdr no problem so I’m thinking it’s something with the 2020 models and HDR10+. I spent hours and hours with both Samsung and Prime on phone and both companies blamed each other smh. Hope this get’s fixed or this will definitely be my last Samsung Product period. By the way Dolby Atmos not working on Prime as well but will work fine with my Xbox Series X as well as HDR. It’s just the Prime native app and it can’t be deleted and reinstalled! Come on Man smh, I’ve been buying Samsung TV’s since Plasma this is so annoying. HDR10+ content please!

0 Likes
tester2020
Journeyman
Options

having the same issue on Q80T, called Amazon and Samsung and they are indeed passing the buck to each other.  The HDR work great on my older 3 years old 4K Samsung but not on the 2020 Q80T, looks like it's a software issue for sure since it works on the Xbox and older Samsung Tv. I know Samsung takes a very long time to fix issue. SO SAMSUNG IF YOU ARE READING THIS...PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE, i am living in Canada so this appears to be an issue with the same models more or less regardless of region.

0 Likes
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

It seems to have been fixed!?!

I've been having the exact same issues with Prime Video not showing in HDR.

As of Today (Wednesday) I tried a couple of different UHD HDR movies on Prime Video - eg: Greenland, and much to my surprise it automatically switched itself to HDR settings (putting the brightness up to 50 etc) and showing the HDR10+

20210217_140145.jpg

logo on the quick settings menu!!

Has anyone else found this? 

szilske
Journeyman
Options

Read it on Facebook, too, but could not reproduce it here. Can you check and post the version of your PrimeVideo-app? Maybe there was an update?

0 Likes
Chatwalker
Explorer
Options

Still no HDR on my device. Tested with Unhinged 4k and The Boys 4k - Season 2

0 Likes
Since Plasma
First Poster
Options

No improvement here, still no HDR no Dolby Atmos with Prime Video.

0 Likes
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

20210217_143750.jpg

That's today's software version.

Also, I forgot to mention - I have a one week old Samsung TU8000  (2020 model)  YouTube videos in HDR have previously been working perfectly, but this is the first time I've had HDR work on Prime Video.  

ps:  It looks like it changes over to the HDR settings when I select the HDR movie from the Prime menu  (ie: before I even click on the movie to start playing it - it already switches to  HDR  picture settings, I'm most impressed!)

0 Likes
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

One thing I did today -  was that I unplugged my TV from the mains power for a couple of hours. I wonder if that could have forced some kind of an update? After I plugged it back in, HDR was working!

0 Likes
Johnc123
Journeyman
Options

Hi, just checked my tv and HDR content is still not playing.  Can you tell me how you know "That's today's software version" when the updated date is still 22/10/2020?

0 Likes