Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

QE55Q95T - HDR does not work on Prime Video app

(Topic created on: 23-02-2021 09:28 AM)
GisleHH
Apprentice
Options

This used to work just a few weeks ago. Prime Video would stream 4K HDR content fine on my TV. Now it won't. Even content I have watched in HDR before (The Expanse season 4). Both Netflix and Youtube will turn on HDR for the TV.

I tried amazon customer support. They were not very helpful and told me to contact Samsung. One thing I learned was that the app installed on my TV is not listed in my registered devices on my Prime Video account. My android phone is listed with the android app. My TV is listed but no apps are registered.

Have any of you encountered this problem?

How do I check which is the current version of the Prime Video app for the TV? The app seems to be updated with the latest version. But it also seems that updates has been a problem for others before.

116 REPLIES 116
Stumblef00t
Apprentice
Options

It works again ! There are no updates to the app or the TV so the fault must have been on the Amazon servers.

0 Likes
straznikteksasu
First Poster
Options

I got an update of Amazon Video from 17.02.2021

0 Likes
Lee2
First Poster
Options

Not working for me. Says it is HDR on info page but not playing HDR when looking at TV display settings 

0 Likes
therealrobjames
Apprentice
Options

E6937DA5-2F2A-4F03-A262-AFAF44546658.jpeg

can confirm app has been updated and it’s working. Thank goodness 

0 Likes
szilske
Journeyman
Options

Yes, working again with the latest version. Make sure, that auto update is enabled for apps or maybe reinstall from the app menu.

0 Likes
Lee2
First Poster
Options

PXL_20210223_100813987.jpg

 tried reinstalling, restarting TV, still only plays in SDR when housing s HDR title

0 Likes
Stumblef00t
Apprentice
Options

Hm. Works on Q950TS but no updates to tv or app. Some TVs have app updates, and some still not working. Probable bug/mismatch with app ports and streaming headers? Hopefully app update will come for sets that's still not working.

0 Likes
ahmad mansour
Student
Options

q80t here .. it's suddenly working know!

I don't know if it is an auto update or amazon did something for the app but yeah I'm happy

0 Likes
getaceres
Apprentice
Options

Q80T here too. The Prime video application was updated on the 17/02 but I still don't get HDR.

0 Likes
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

HDR still not working for me either.

So annoying!! 

0 Likes