Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

QE55Q95T - HDR does not work on Prime Video app

(Topic created on: 21-02-2021 11:14 PM)
GisleHH
Apprentice
Options

This used to work just a few weeks ago. Prime Video would stream 4K HDR content fine on my TV. Now it won't. Even content I have watched in HDR before (The Expanse season 4). Both Netflix and Youtube will turn on HDR for the TV.

I tried amazon customer support. They were not very helpful and told me to contact Samsung. One thing I learned was that the app installed on my TV is not listed in my registered devices on my Prime Video account. My android phone is listed with the android app. My TV is listed but no apps are registered.

Have any of you encountered this problem?

How do I check which is the current version of the Prime Video app for the TV? The app seems to be updated with the latest version. But it also seems that updates has been a problem for others before.

116 REPLIES 116
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

@tester2020 

Prime app version 2.01.23

20210221_231110.jpg

How does that compare with your version?

0 Likes
tester2020
Journeyman
Options

That's the exact version I have.

20210217_140814.jpg

0 Likes
tester2020
Journeyman
Options

I am ending my subscription with Prime in days so I will not know if this issue gets fix or not. Can't pay for something and not getting what I am paying for.

However if Prime and Samsung issue an update to the app it might fix the issue most likely. I wouldn't be able to check but keep me posted. I just contacted Samsung and they escalated the issue so not sure what's going to happen. You can do the same on your end and so everyone in this forum.

We clearly know the issue is with this version of Prime app (2.01.23), as mentioned before on my older Samsung Tv (3 years old) I see the HDR with no issue and playing on my Xbox through the Q80T. It's just that built in app that is ver. 2.01.23 that does now shows the HDR.

0 Likes
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

@tester2020 

Yes it certainly appears the issue is with the app itself.  I only have Prime because I  use Amazon Prime shopping and so the App comes as part of the deal, so I'll definitely keep using it and keep checking it and hopefully it will get fixed.

0 Likes
szilske
Journeyman
Options

So which way of contacting Samsung did you use? Chat?

0 Likes
Lee2
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung tu8500 and have same problem. Definitely app specific. On my fire stick it does work however seems to crash the TV functions..I can't access menus etc whilst watching prime HDR content via the firestick. Never actually seen HDR 10+ in action on this tv. HDR in general isn't very good on this set so far, seems dull and not much different to normal viewing. 

0 Likes
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

I had this response from Samsung UK after contacting them by email.

I am contacting in response to your communication received to the CEO of Samsung UK. I am sorry to hear of the issues you have reported with your Samsung television.

As our department is not technically trained, I wished to acknowledge receipt of your escalation and provide assurance that I am in touch with our AV head technicians to request their comment and support. I will return to you as soon as possible to advise further.

Thank you for raising this with us.

Regards

Kirsty Caswell
Senior Customer Services Executive | UK & Eire

0 Likes
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

@Lee2  I have a TU8000 and can assure you that HDR10+ looks pretty impressive on Prime Video movies when it actually works.  You might need to tweak your picture settings increase brightness and contrast to max etc but you'll certainly notice a difference from normal viewing. 

Just need to get the darned thing working! 

0 Likes
Lee2
First Poster
Options

That's good to know. Yeah I turn on dynamic mode for HDR just to give it some extra oomph but I haven't seen HDR 10+ yet. It is a shame only prime offers it. 

When it offers it that is, ha

0 Likes
straznikteksasu
First Poster
Options

Check it today. I tried to watch The Boys and HDR is working . Samsung Q74T here.

0 Likes