Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

QE55Q95T - HDR does not work on Prime Video app

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 05:50 PM)
GisleHH
Apprentice
Options

This used to work just a few weeks ago. Prime Video would stream 4K HDR content fine on my TV. Now it won't. Even content I have watched in HDR before (The Expanse season 4). Both Netflix and Youtube will turn on HDR for the TV.

I tried amazon customer support. They were not very helpful and told me to contact Samsung. One thing I learned was that the app installed on my TV is not listed in my registered devices on my Prime Video account. My android phone is listed with the android app. My TV is listed but no apps are registered.

Have any of you encountered this problem?

How do I check which is the current version of the Prime Video app for the TV? The app seems to be updated with the latest version. But it also seems that updates has been a problem for others before.

116 REPLIES 116
Con2501
Journeyman
Options

Also just checked mine (QE55Q80T) and HDR/HDR10+ content not playing (The boys). Could someone also give me a clue how to check the prime video version installed on the TV please? 

0 Likes
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

Hi Johnc123,  this is frustrating for me (as it must be for you)  as to why I seem to be the only person on here who's got it working.

Basically yesterday it didn't work - no HDR.  Today, after unplugging my TV, I randomly decided to check Amazon Prime HDR UHD videos, and just like that... it works! 

The photo I attached (earlier) was taken today showing that on my TV today, that is the current Prime app software version.  Yes it's dated 2020 so I wish I knew how / why it now works as of today.

R2wo
Pioneer
Options

Hi Con2501, I just checked mine (once again) it's a 2020 TU8000. I specifically checked The Boys, and it's playing perfectly in HDR10+

To check your Prime Video app version, open Smart Hub, then go to the Apps page (that shows all your apps) then scroll along to Prime Video, then LONG press on the select button and it opens up a menu to re-install / delete / view details etc.

straznikteksasu
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem on Samsung Q74T. I have 1460 version of Tizen OS. Polish support of Amazon is useless.

0 Likes
GisleHH
Apprentice
Options

I hope this issue gets fixed soon. It seems that way from some of the comments :smiling-face: My version of Prime is 2.01.23, HDR is not working when I tested today. My location is Norway.

HDR+ is supposed to be Samsung and Amazons rival to Dolby Vision. It not working on new hardware is not good advertisment.

0 Likes
Con2501
Journeyman
Options

It's times like these I think I should have went to my second choice tv. 

An LG Oled... That supports dolby vision and HDR🤣 I bet prime hdr is showing fine on that. 

I also made the discovery last week that the new 2020 samsung TVs do not support DTS sound without a soundbar or other external sound option. 

Resulting in a whole stack of blurays now in total silence when being played... 

Funnily enough, this fact doesn't get advertised much. Not even on the review sites. 

0 Likes
therealrobjames
Apprentice
Options

I’ve definitely had the same thought after encountering banding paranoia and now this but I just know that having an OLED with 3 kids who pause things and walk away for an hour or so would not be a good idea 😂 

0 Likes
Con2501
Journeyman
Options

Very true. I too have three kids who continually test the limits of the QLED freeze frame. Somehow the permanent etched image of some brain melting kids programme isn't that appealing. The 10 year screen burn warranty was quite appealing. 

tester2020
Journeyman
Options

You might be the only lucky man for some reason LOL. I have a model Q80T, I am in Canada and the Samsung Q80T got firmware ver 1460 and Prime is 2.01.23 (last updated 10/22/2020) and still NOT WORKING< I just tried it with various HDR contents and nothing. I am hoping Samsung is reading this and seeing it all over the world apparently that the Prime HDR contents are NOT showing. 

0 Likes
tester2020
Journeyman
Options

go to the app store and select Prime, long press the enter button then you will get the option to view detail, in there you will see the version #

0 Likes