Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

QE55Q95T - HDR does not work on Prime Video app

(Topic created on: 16-02-2021 09:27 PM)
GisleHH
Apprentice
Options

This used to work just a few weeks ago. Prime Video would stream 4K HDR content fine on my TV. Now it won't. Even content I have watched in HDR before (The Expanse season 4). Both Netflix and Youtube will turn on HDR for the TV.

I tried amazon customer support. They were not very helpful and told me to contact Samsung. One thing I learned was that the app installed on my TV is not listed in my registered devices on my Prime Video account. My android phone is listed with the android app. My TV is listed but no apps are registered.

Have any of you encountered this problem?

How do I check which is the current version of the Prime Video app for the TV? The app seems to be updated with the latest version. But it also seems that updates has been a problem for others before.

116 REPLIES 116
Johnc123
Journeyman
Options

Same here guys. Got a month old Q85t and prime was streaming (for example) Hunters in glorious 4k now it will not. I've reset everything, checked my fibre connection and cannot force it to toggle to hdr as per the image below. Highly annoying.

16130614371608527665288236791825.jpg

0 Likes
getaceres
Apprentice
Options

Same problem with a QE55Q82T. A few days ago I was watching shows in HDR10+ and suddenly all Amazon Prime Video shows are in SDR. I contacted Prime Video customer service and they told me that they are aware and that Samsung should release a fix soon but it's strange that I haven't updated my TV in the last days, the firmware is the same and suddenly is one specific application stops working as it should. Let's hope that either Samsung or Amazon release an update soon.

therealrobjames
Apprentice
Options

Same problem with 90t spent ages on customer service to Amazon all very generic though one person tried to convince me that the problem was simply they’re no free 4k prime movies I asked them well if that is the case which I know it’s not but how does that explain 4k tv series not working either. They had no answer for that. Good to know that Amazon are aware though glad we have this kind of community.

Con2501
Journeyman
Options

That's a very fob off type of answer from Amazon as to why the 4K HDR stream isn't working. How do they explain why those with older 2019 TV models can still get the higher quality streams then? I seem to remember reading from an earlier reply on this thread that their 2020 model is not working but their 2019 series 7 is displaying the 4K HDR stream!? 

Chatwalker
Explorer
Options

Same problems here with a GQ75Q95T.

477815F8-850C-4D29-AAD4-2C79847877F1.jpeg

0 Likes
Hedo
Apprentice
Options

Thank you, at least we have an answer to this. Can't hold our breath waiting for Samsung to chime in. Also, your reply from Amazon was in German.

0 Likes
ahmad mansour
Student
Options

I have the same problem with my q80t, hdr and hdr10+ content is not supported

0 Likes
Chatwalker
Explorer
Options

Today i received the following message from Amazon Customer Support:

es tut mir leid, dass Sie die HDR Wiedergabe für Prime Video auf Ihrem Samsung QLED aktuell nicht nutzen können.

Der beschriebene Fehler ist uns bekannt und wir arbeiten aktiv mit Samsung an einer Lösung, die Sie bald erreichen wird.

Gerne hätte ich Ihnen dies auch persönlich mitgeteilt, konnte Sie aber telefonisch nicht erreichen.

Wir sind stets bemüht, Schwierigkeiten jeglicher Art so schnell wie möglich zu beheben. Fälle wie dieser treten allerdings selten auf. Daher bitte ich Sie in diesem Fall noch um ein wenig Geduld.

Bitte entschuldigen Sie die entstandenen Unannehmlichkeiten.

Ich wünsche Ihnen noch einen angenehmen Abend.

Unser Ziel: das kundenfreundlichste Unternehmen der Welt zu sein. Ihr Feedback hilft uns dabei.

Freundliche Grüße
0 Likes
Con2501
Journeyman
Options

My German isn't that great. 

Can anyone assist with a translation please? 

0 Likes
Chatwalker
Explorer
Options

Amazon and Samsung are working on this problem. A solution will be soon available.