Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q950RBT - SCREEN TEARING WITH PS5

(Topic created on: 06-06-2021 02:28 PM)
m1nz
First Poster
Options
Ive got issues with the QE55Q950RBT - Screen tearing or horizontal lines every few minutes which ruining my gaming experience. The issue only occurs when game mode is activated. I thought I had a faulty ps5 so I purchased another PS5 and an Xbox Series X and all next gen consoles seem to have that issue on Game Mode. I've also tried the another TV, exactly the same model but a 65" and the same issue. I've contacted Samsung on various occasions and they keep on passing the buck from one dept to another. Based on my findings, this is clearly an issue with the TV, not the consoles. Xbox has VRR and the issue still persists with VRR is enabled. The PS5 will still have the same issue once VRR is enabled . I am really disappointed with Samsung thinking this TV has the bells and whistles. Furthermore I honestly believe this TV would be future proofed for atleast 7 years. 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
m1nz
First Poster
Options
Here's the video of the screen tearing https://youtu.be/HMAt7dFC6_E
0 Likes
Dasyurid
Apprentice
Options
Are the games you tried supposed to run at 120hz? If not you will get tear and it is not the fault of the TV. I suggest you actually check compatibility and setting recommendations for your game before you post again claiming people are simply passing the buck as the TV works perfectly fine with ones that are made for 120 and game mode enhanced. If you have Reddit try this link and edit your settings for 4k transfer rate etc and also try it with a game designed to run at 120.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/k9xjqn/screen_tearingstuttering/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&ut...
0 Likes
m1nz
First Poster
Options
They're all different fps games ranging from 30/60/120fps. I've tried reducing the transfer rate with that there's inevitably an impact visually eg colours. I believe it changes from RGB to Yuv
0 Likes
Larry73
Explorer
Options

Hi. Apologies for jumping onto an old thread but did you ever find a solution for this? Im having the same issue with the same TV/PS5

0 Likes
m1nz
First Poster
Options
Hi Larry, regretfully there was no solution to this to date. I ended up buying another TV, LG OLED and no issues.
0 Likes