Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q80R diagonal lines

(Topic created on: 18-12-2019 10:54 PM)
iFL
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I bought new tv and I am noticing diagonal lines when looking at tv from side (see attached images). Lines are visible only on grey/darker colors and they are in all sources (satelite, youtube, netflix). In picture test lines are not visible. 

On RTINGS mentioned something similar: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80r-qled

"We observed some weird diagonal stripes that are visible when you look at the screen from up close and from the left."

Its really anoying to watch tv from side because of these lines. I tried reseting settings, change various pictures modes and nothing helped. These lines only disapear with game mode turned on when watching content through playstation.

Today, I was back to shop and looked to another 80R there and there were same diagonal lines.

Could it be software problem? Or how can i get rid of these lines?

974321BC-CD90-4C55-89B1-8793AA00B531.jpeg

254 REPLIES 254
Wakcode
Pioneer
Options

Hi all 

bought mine 2nd week in December and within two weeks these diagonal lines have appeared. 

Not a happy chap tbh, have tried contacting tech support from all directions and with no reply or answer or resolve. 

is there no documentation on this issue anywhere other then this thread? 

I think a visit to the retailer is needed, to see the display model in action. Then arrange an exchange or refund . 

Wakcode
Pioneer
Options
Just Got this message from Samsung

Hi , thanks for reaching out. Could you please confirm if the lines appear while playing any external media device (DVD, USB, Gaming Console)?

Please try updating your TV by heading into Settings > Go to Support > Software Update > Update now.

Try a quick reset, by just unplugging your TV from the wall socket and please wait 3 minutes before plugging it back on. Check if this makes any difference.

Please let us know if this helps. ^WQ
Wakcode
Pioneer
Options
This made no difference whatsoever
Wakcode
Pioneer
Options

No help at all 

@Wakcode wrote:
Just Got this message from Samsung

Hi , thanks for reaching out. Could you please confirm if the lines appear while playing any external media device (DVD, USB, Gaming Console)?

Please try updating your TV by heading into Settings > Go to Support > Software Update > Update now.

Try a quick reset, by just unplugging your TV from the wall socket and please wait 3 minutes before plugging it back on. Check if this makes any difference.

Please let us know if this helps. ^WQ

THIS HAS MADE NO DIFFERENCE 

QBee
Explorer
Options

Hi, TV Firmware is up to date. I just did a factory reset and disconnected from power for 5 minutes. It didn't improve.

This is a picture afterwards from Avatar blu ray, it looks terrible...

DSC01171s.JPG

Wakcode
Pioneer
Options
Agreed their advice has made no difference .
They are now suggesting that it’s to do with my cables .
xikon93
Apprentice
Options

It can't be your cables. Even RTings.com noticed those lines. They say it can be the optical layer they are using for better angle viewing, but to me this is unacceptable.

Pedpin
Navigator
Options

@Wakcode wrote:
Agreed their advice has made no difference .
They are now suggesting that it’s to do with my cables .

Explain them that the issue it's also happening with YouTube, and YouTube it's not connected by cables its native from the TV.... I really hope that they find a solution!

QBee
Explorer
Options

"They say it can be the optical layer they are using for better angle viewing..." , the reason for the purchase for me
It's paradoxical. It limits the viewing angle. For me it's a design error with der q80r panel.
I think there will be no solution except q70R or q90r panel :smiling-face-with-sunglasses: 

I will return my device. I know they will try to replace the panel 3 times. So it may take a while.

xikon93
Apprentice
Options
According to RTings, the Q80R, Q90R, Q900R and the Sony Z9F uses the same technology to get better viewing angles (in expense of contrast). The only model with the diagonal stripes is the Q80R. It is surely a shame. This model seems to be better than Q70R and Q60R. It is also at the same price as the Q70 here in Brazil, but I can't live with the stripes on my games. :l