Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

QE55Q80C TV Satellite recording problem

(Topic created on: 12-10-2023 01:08 PM)
Mark3112
First Poster
Options

Hello, I couldn't find any info on the problem with my model TV so have started this one.

Config: 2 satellite inputs (no aerial) and new USB SDD drive.

I have some problems whilst recording satellite programs and wonder if anyone has this TV that doesn't have this problem?

[1] – When I schedule a recording, once the recording starts, if I switch channels I get the notification “Recording Failed” followed by “No satellite signal”. Going to the guide and selecting another channel works as expected. The recording shows “Failed to record” and is zero length.

[2] – When manually recording a program, if I try to change channels, using the guide, the TV stays on the channel I am recording. If I use the Channel up/down buttons it switches as expected.

Other little niggles are, when I check the satellite signal strength it only shows one bar and signal strength despite two being connected and why when I get to the end of the guide can't it roll over back to the top instead of having to manually go back up the list?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Mark3112: For clarity, what method are you using to connect your satellite to your TV? The Timeshift and Scheduled Recording features will typically only work when you have an aerial connection, so this is likely to be the reason why you are running into some issues. Recordings will also automatically stop when the signal is too weak, so if you only have one bar of signal strength, then this might also explain why your recordings are failing. 

0 Likes
Mark3112
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew. I'm using both satellite feeds from a Freesat dish. The signal strength is 96% but it appears to only show the strength of one LNB, not both, which is the way my Humax box shows it. Scheduled recordings work as long as I don't try to change channel but if I start the recording manually then I can switch switch channels (and the recording continues) using the channel up and down button but can't select a different channel from the guide.

0 Likes