Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qe55q7fam tv network cable disconnected.

(Topic created on: 20-07-2018 06:08 AM)
Jel79
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I have the qe55q7fam tv, I constantly get tabs across the top saying "network cable disconnected " followed by "network cable connected". The 2 message go on hard rotation several times.

Often this happens when I don't even have the cable connected at all and I am using Wi-Fi to connect!

Anybody having the same issue?

91 REPLIES 91
BocaProwler
Explorer
Options

Didn't, they replaced the one connect box and it still does it. My bet it's some sort of software error.

Dsoreal
Student
Options

No fix.. best option is to use WiFi

Snailgoo
Explorer
Options

Here they changed the motherboard on the one connect box. One hour later problem came back (QE65Q90RALXXN). This is not normal one a tv that has an adviced price op €3499 !
They are coming back I'll keep you updated. 

0 Likes
BocaProwler
Explorer
Options

Please do, I do not think it can be fixed without a software fix.

0 Likes
JimHill-47
Student
Options

I had the same problem on 2 of my Samsung TV's,  one in the UK and this one in Bangkok, bloody frustrating

I changed to CAT 7 cable, on my TV here In Bangkok, seems okay now 

Yet to test in UK

Hope this helps

JimHill

Snailgoo
Explorer
Options

Hi, thanks. I just ordered a Bandridge cat6 cable (yesterday before seeing your message) as a previous poster advised so hope cat6 works also. Problem also on 2 TV 's (UE55ES8000 but only now and then & QE65Q90RALXXN ca 3 times daily)

I'll keep you updated. I live in Belgium. 

0 Likes
Snailgoo
Explorer
Options

The cat6 bandridge cable (0,5m) cost 15€ did not solve the issue. Today the repair service came and did not find a problem they changed the glass fibre cable although it would be very strange this would solve a network issue on the other side of the box where the network card and connection are. 

If they don't offer me a solution for this tv that has a "normal" price of €3499 on their website this will be my last samsung product. I have this tv for approx 3 months and problems all the time...

will keep you updated if the cable resolves  the issue. 

maybe if everyone likes this post samsung will look at it and the problem will be handled finally...

BocaProwler
Explorer
Options

I've done just about everything I can think of to troubleshoot this darn thing. I have replaced every cable between my modem/router/switch and TV. I have tried a different router and switch and I have even plugged the TV directly into the modem for a night. I have had Samsung repair switch out the entire One Connect box too and switched to Cat6 cables and I still get the disconnected/reconnected messages every night.

I can be watching Netflix on the SmartHub (or Plex/HBOGo) and get the disconnect/reconnect message and the streaming is never interrupted. This seems to be a software issue with bad firmware, I don't know what else it can be.

At minimum I wish there was a way to just stop the notifications from appearing, it is so distracting when watching something and the error pops up, it stays on the screen for a while and I hate having to fumble around for the remote to click OK.

Snailgoo
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I know that connecting with wifi solves the problem for 95% but you'll loose connection speed when streaming... In my case they changed the fibre cable between the one connect box and the screen and it hasn't appeared since (3 days ago) so I hope this was the solution (although this has nothing to do with the network cable...)

I'll give you guys an update later.

Snailgoo
Explorer
Options

Problem NOT SOLVED with the new fibre cable. 

0 Likes