Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q70A DO NOT UPDATE THE TV TO LATEST SOFTWARE UPDATE!

(Topic created on: 04-12-2021 10:03 AM)
adamcshun
Journeyman
Options

Hey,

Since I tried to install the newer software update ( Version 1808.1 1570.29 MB 2021-11-11) in hope of they were maybe able to fix the in built VRR stuttering/screen flickering in certain games , the whole system on the TV became laggy and now almost every game started to be unplayable on the tv with its screen flickering ,pixel errors and input lags. I bought this TV like 2 weeks ago and the factory version was much better . Why they make such updates to the system when its clearly not working as intended and makes everything even worse? Oh , and the cracking/popping sound of the tv came back ( it slowly dissapeared after a 2 weeks of use) when I factory reset my tv. WTH is even this?! 
I tried to made it back with factory reset but the version is still the unusable 1808.1
Im really thinking of bringing back the TV for its 1000$ price what I paid for .Contacted with my region support , they are doing nothing about this . Unacceptable.

Anyone else is in the same shoes like me?

Now Im pretty sure I will never buy any other Samsung product in the future.

13 REPLIES 13
vatgura
First Poster
Options

Articles that have meaningful and insightful comments are more enjoyable, at least to me. It’s interesting to read what other people thought and how it relates to them or their clients, as their perspective could possibly help you in the future.

0 Likes
DaveRuk
First Poster
Options

Out of interest what LG did you go for? Moved to OLED?

0 Likes
adamcshun
Journeyman
Options

Yep, lg oled c1. Perfect tv for films and games. (bit more expensive but hey, its working as intended.) 

0 Likes
Belle9
First Poster
Options

Just bought this tv yesterday.  It lost tv sound when I switched back to tv after setting up Netflix.  Had to turn it off and back on to get sound again. Not cool. 
When we ask Alexa to change the channel, she indicates she is changing channel but never does. 
NOT A GOOD START. Then I find this forum.  What a joke this product is. 

0 Likes