Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q70A DO NOT UPDATE THE TV TO LATEST SOFTWARE UPDATE!

(Topic created on: 14-11-2021 10:00 AM)
adamcshun
Journeyman
Options

Hey,

Since I tried to install the newer software update ( Version 1808.1 1570.29 MB 2021-11-11) in hope of they were maybe able to fix the in built VRR stuttering/screen flickering in certain games , the whole system on the TV became laggy and now almost every game started to be unplayable on the tv with its screen flickering ,pixel errors and input lags. I bought this TV like 2 weeks ago and the factory version was much better . Why they make such updates to the system when its clearly not working as intended and makes everything even worse? Oh , and the cracking/popping sound of the tv came back ( it slowly dissapeared after a 2 weeks of use) when I factory reset my tv. WTH is even this?! 
I tried to made it back with factory reset but the version is still the unusable 1808.1
Im really thinking of bringing back the TV for its 1000$ price what I paid for .Contacted with my region support , they are doing nothing about this . Unacceptable.

Anyone else is in the same shoes like me?

Now Im pretty sure I will never buy any other Samsung product in the future.

13 REPLIES 13
RaduCI
Apprentice
Options

Just did the update 15 mins ago on the QN90A

It seems it brings some lag in the menu... 

unhappy.

0 Likes
adamcshun
Journeyman
Options

Do you play any games on it? Do you find games running worse now?...because I do.

mayoness83
Student
Options

I have bought my 65Q80A in Poland this week. With build-in software, I got the lower part of the screen flickering when playing Fifa or PES. I made a software update to 1808.1 yesterday, and I experience similar issues in games in addition to the situation which @ described. 

0 Likes
adamcshun
Journeyman
Options

Sorry for you have troubles as well...

Since I checked down sites/forums about samsung tvs overall, I deceided to bring back the tv. Its just nonsense for me that I read similar issues like mines years back. Like really no one cares at Samsung support about issues... I loved the tv, but the recent update made it uncontrollable for me and games running extremely bad (thats the point why I bought this tv).

Sorry Samsung but not this time. 

0 Likes
mayoness83
Student
Options

Unfortunately, I do not have an option to return the TV back. As I enjoy Android TV even less, Tizen and Samsung is the only option. If only OLED tv's burn-in issue was not a possibility I will go with OLED.

0 Likes
adamcshun
Journeyman
Options

Well, Im getting an oled tv next...picture burn in is a tale. It can happen, but the only way that is going to happen is you carelessly using the tv .Oh, and by the way, there is always an option for burn in warranty so you really shoudnt be worried about that. 

0 Likes
siemd74
First Poster
Options

I am aso facing the same issue in my TV software updates and I want to fix this problem as you all know football world cup is coming as ผลบอลวันนี้ mentioned here.

0 Likes
DaveRuk
First Poster
Options

My QE55Q70A is just over 2 weeks old. At initial setup it suggested an online update was available. I accepted it and it went fine as far as I could see. This was v1805.4.  Over the last week or so Voice control has become increasingly intermittent, and kept asking me to repeat the initial setup procedure again and again.

I checked once more for update, and the TV told me it was up to date. I then contacted Samsung support last night and after 2 sessions taking up almost 2 hours of my time had been offered the following solutions:
-Full power off and disconnect from mains. Yeah right. I did it anyway, no change.
-Check the smart remote batteries. As far as I know it's a sealed unit and was 97% anyway. Pointless.
-Carry out a full reset. Not happening. If that's a fix that would presumably require all subscribed services to be set up from scratch again, along with all personalised settings, that is not a solution.
-Then USB update was mentioned. Clearly not a 2 minute job so I noted it and tried later. I'm not sure this has been a great move, and finding this thread makes me uneasy.

Things I've noticed:
-I thought I was imagining menu lag, but after reading comments here, I'm not so sure
-Leaving the Ambient function it locked up
-And the core issue of Voice control? Well it seems to work better just now, but, and I stand to take advice here, when I use it the TV sound cuts out completely. I'm not sure it did that before, and seems intrusive at best, and unhelpful at worst, when you may be changing sound settings.

And yes, mine is now on 1808.1

I've contacted Samsung UK for comment and am also going to speak to my retailer about this.
To think I ditched Sony for their poorly planned software upgrades and appalling customer service, and now this. I hope my bad feeling is misplaced.

0 Likes
adamcshun
Journeyman
Options

Sorry to hear that guys... Well for me now its safe to say that Im happy with my new tv (lg brand). I hope you all will enjoy your samsung tvs when the support will actually make decent tv softwares(or just let alone the WORKING one). For that price, these shouldnt be a problem by the way... 

I dont want to boycott Samsung but I will think twice before  purchasing anything from them. 

0 Likes