Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

QE55Q60AA Headphone Problems

(Topic created on: 21-08-2022 04:25 PM)
Sue1051
Student
Options

Bluetooth? - TV will not find bluetooth headphones - I have read that some headphones are too highly spec'd for TVs.  Where can I find a compatible list or recommended headphones?

OR

Wired? - No headphone jack in back of TV.  Can I connect wired headphones to the TV? USB perhaps?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Sue1051: This model features Bluetooth 4.2, but if your headphones are, for instance, Bluetooth 5.0, then they should still work. Have you tried connecting the headphones with another compatible device, or connecting another set of Bluetooth headphones with the TV? If you place your existing headphones in pairing mode by following the manufacturers instructions, then head to Settings > Sound > Sound Output > Bluetooth Speaker List, are they visible here? 

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Sue1051: This model features Bluetooth 4.2, but if your headphones are, for instance, Bluetooth 5.0, then they should still work. Have you tried connecting the headphones with another compatible device, or connecting another set of Bluetooth headphones with the TV? If you place your existing headphones in pairing mode by following the manufacturers instructions, then head to Settings > Sound > Sound Output > Bluetooth Speaker List, are they visible here? 

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I've never connected my buds to a TV but used to connect to the sound bar. It could be they are using different versions of Bluetooth maybe? I did have problems connecting my buds to my PC and had to install an app first, think I did same with phone so maybe there is an app you can download on your smart TV that may connect to your headphones? Not much help but hopefully is useful
0 Likes
Sue1051
Student
Options

Andrew, thank you.  This worked.  Bluetooth headphones will now connect to TV.

Regards

Sue

0 Likes