Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55 screen fault

(Topic created on: 02-08-2022 10:34 AM)
David231
First Poster
Options

An engineer has inspected by TV and there is a screen fault (211 TCON PMIC Fault Count). Apparently this is a serial defect with this model? It is only 15 months old. Not having much luck speaking to the worse than useless Samsung support line. What is the best way to get in touch with Samsung to discuss them replacing the screen or the tv?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with your QLED TV. Did you arrange for an authorised Samsung engineer to inspect the TV and, if so, what did they advise? If your TV is over 12 months old then a quotation should have been issued to cover the cost of any necessary repairs if a fault was identified during the inspection. If the TV was inspected by a third party then please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and get in touch via your preferred channel, and an advisor will be able to discuss your available options with you. 

0 Likes
David231
First Poster
Options

It was inspected by an authorised Samsung engineer booked through the repair service.

Service order reference number: 4257******

Reference number: 21337****

Model #:QE55Q700TATXX

I was advised that the cost of repair is £600 - £700 for a new screen. Frankly, pointless paying for the repair. It is clear from looking on these fourms and through a simple internet search, this is a serial defect in this model. The TV cost £1,500 and is 16 months old. As a serial defect, I expect Samsung to cover the cost of repair. 

0 Likes
David231
First Poster
Options

Please can I get a response to my post below? Thanks. 

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Hi @David231, from the information you've provided, your TV is out of warranty, so the inspection/repair will be chargeable. The service to complete this in this instance is between you and the Support Centre and they will be able to help you arrange a chargeable repair. For more information, you can speak with our Support Team on 0333 000 0333. 

0 Likes
David231
First Poster
Options

This was a systemic defect in this model of TV. Samsung are / were clearly aware of this. Why weren’t customers informed? I’ve tried calling the number above and get zero help. Please can you confirm who I can escalate this too? Also please confirm the address legal notices should be sent to. 

0 Likes
David231
First Poster
Options

Apols - I posted my response below as opposed directly to this post. Please can you respond? 

0 Likes
David231
First Poster
Options

Please respond to the post below. 

0 Likes