Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE50QN94 TV Flickering

(Topic created on: 01-12-2021 07:40 AM)
jfbuk
Journeyman
Options

Just posted  this in the Lounge forum and realized that this forum is a better place to post

We took delivery of this TV last week and everything was fine but this morning the screen started flickering across all sources.

I ran a self-diagnostic video test which stabilized the picture, however when I powered off and on again the flicker returned. The video test consistently stabilizes the picture but I don't want to have to run a video test every time I switch the TV on !

Is this a known issue ? 

Is there a settings combination that could be the cause ?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@jfbuk: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Please can you try heading to Home > Settings > General > Power and Energy Saving, and disable Brightness Optimisation, Brightness Reduction and Motion Lighting, if applicable. Also, head to Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Contrast Enhancer, and turn this off if it is active. Does this help at all? If not, can you confirm if you have any external devices connected to the TV? 

0 Likes
jfbuk
Journeyman
Options

Hi Andrew,

changing those settings did not solve the issue.

we have three devices connected via HDMI

HDMI 1 Virgin Media Cable box

HDMI 2 Panasonic Diga Blu Ray HDD Recorder

HDMI 3 Samsung HW-S60A Soundbar

I have now done a factory reset and the problem has gone away.

I’m assuming that it was combination of settings that caused it but am intrigued that a diagnostic video test must at least temporarily change a setting(s) to stabilise the picture.

Thanks

0 Likes
GP_Racer
First Poster
Options

I’ve got exactly the same issue with my two-week old QE55QN85A… each time the screen flickers on power-up the Video Test cures the issue but it’s a cumbersome solution. 

I’ll try a factory reset but does this only affect NeoQLED’s and is there a software update in the pipeline to resolve the issue?

Cheers…

0 Likes