Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

QE50Q65T sound issue

(Topic created on: 06-10-2020 06:43 PM)
ad201
Journeyman
Options

QLED QE50Q65TAU 2020 TV has very strange sound reproduction when used at low volume, doesn't matter if it is on Freesat or Terrestrial TV.... Doesn't appear to happen if you are playing a DVD through the HDMI port.

Anyone else experiencing this strange issue? Or is it a feature to get you to purchase a sound-bar 🙂

12 REPLIES 12
MrBlueFox
Explorer
Options

Yes. Exactly this. Apparently "engineers are aware. It's a known issue." But they do not know if it is HW/SW.

Does your background artefact sound like a "wooshing" / wind / sea kinda noise? 

ad201
Journeyman
Options

Yes, sounds exactly like that, like someone has forgotten to turn down the wind sound effects.... Sound bar time it is until they get it sorted.... if it is the hardware I hope someone is taking notes of all the affected units somewhere....

0 Likes
Solution
MrBlueFox
Explorer
Options

Just gotta keep hounding them mate. This is not a cheap device. Though this day and age it shouldn’t matter what you’re paying for a device. It should carry its primary functions without question. 

MrBlueFox
Explorer
Options

Update. Have now had the speakers and mainboard replaced - still an issue. Back on teh phone with Samsung now.... 🙄

Cairnsyyy
Journeyman
Options

I have the same fault on my tv.

I tried the latest software update but it didn’t fix it. Speaking to Samsung they acknowledged it was a known issue and as I was within 28days of buying offered me a refund (or exchange)

bit gutted as I loved the tv and always bought Samsung. Likely going to switch to LG now 😞

hope it gets fixed soon though for those that have the issue. 

MrBlueFox
Explorer
Options

9D374405-A7AD-46DA-B928-0BC5052FA810.jpeg

4EF9176B-5C31-4A29-9CD6-E0D786A9711C.jpeg

So here’s the update. Long email to Samsung support referencing everything needed for someone to make a sensible decision (serial number, date and vendor of purchase, support reference, repair reference etc) and the replay has been priceless. Apparently I need to arrange a repair!! You can’t make this up!! I’ve replied but haven’t had anything from them yet?!

0 Likes
ad201
Journeyman
Options

@ad201 wrote:

QLED QE50Q65TAU 2020 TV has very strange sound reproduction when used at low volume, doesn't matter if it is on Freesat or Terrestrial TV.... Doesn't appear to happen if you are playing a DVD through the HDMI port.

Anyone else experiencing this strange issue? Or is it a feature to get you to purchase a sound-bar 🙂

I am having trouble getting a response but might try the main bodies that control our laws instead. Sale of goods springs to mind. I am getting nowhere except being offered repairs too. 

0 Likes
Dhruv1
Student
Options

*Edit

Secured refund. Deleted account.

0 Likes
MrBlueFox
Explorer
Options

9A2E9C06-B93E-4103-8A04-1947E6B3084A.png

 this is not a known issue for Samsung. An engineer is due to visit to continue investigations..

0 Likes