Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE50Q65A 2021 black screen creep, freeze and rebooting

(Topic created on: 27-02-2024 11:50 AM)
Steviegc
Apprentice
Options

Hi, bought this QE50Q65A in ‘22 direct from Samsung, sadly only a one year warranty. The tv has been working fine and hasn’t moved since the install. Watching tv and suddenly a black patch appeared in the top right spreading outward, then freeze then reboot and into a repeating cycle. I’ve checked out connections and operated it without any cables (other than power) and still the same. I have had the back off to check for anything loose but it all looks tidy. Any of you out there had the same issue and got it resolved? I’ve attached pics to show the sequence from switching on, it’s only a matter of seconds from getting the Home Screen to the black creep. Thanks in advance. 112233445566

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Steviegc
Apprentice
Options

Is yours also like others just out of warranty?

0 Likes
lukejg
First Poster
Options
Yep, £260 to get fixed. I've done the same as you, bought a new TV (not samsung) and made sure to get a 5 year warranty.
0 Likes
Louise18
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for reply , agree with all of what you said . Can I ask on the purchase of the new tv dis the 5 year guarantee come as an extra charge or and offer with the television. ? 

0 Likes
Sired
Apprentice
Options
Exactly. That's because the cost of repair is as much as the cost of a new tv. I'm currently looking for where to sell mine as scrap
Louise18
Journeyman
Options

Is it something anyone would be interested in for parts maybe ? Never thought to sell it on for a small amount obviously not expecting much ? Was going to take it to the skip ! Can’t believe I’m saying that on a tv bought just over 12 months ago .. I’m seething 😤 

0 Likes
Sired
Apprentice
Options
That's my major pain cos I got just over 12 months ago also and got just one year warranty cos I used the previous one for over 3 years before selling it. I don't know if anyone would be interested in just the parts but I'll give it a try before giving up on it
Steviegc
Apprentice
Options

Hi, it comes with it but has to be applied for via Samsung regardless of whether it is bought via Samsung online or one of their approved retailers. Of course buying from somewhere like John Lewis means you get the 5 year warranty as standard. 

Members_2qNuNPL
First Poster
Options

Hi, mine died the same way just now, i have it for 2 years and 4 months, and here in Germany the warranty is 2 years on every electronic device. But sadly it died after the warranty period. So now looking for a new TV as well and i will stay away from Samsung from now on.

0 Likes
Members_57AqbeP
First Poster
Options

Hi, have exactly same problem, obviously out of warranty, this is a last samsung tv for me

0 Likes