Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE50Q60TAUXXU Sound Issue At Low Volume (Like wind blowing)

(Topic created on: 18-01-2021 11:31 AM)
CoatesieUK
Explorer
Options

Hi

I purchased the above set on Friday and all seems ok apart from one issue with the sound - when there is either no or little sound being broadcasr in the program / film being watched there is a definite 'wind blowing' sound coming through the speakers.  When I mute then the sound disaooears - has anyone else encountered this issue?

Many thanks 

75 REPLIES 75
jf_cole
Apprentice
Options

I have the same tv and the same issue. I threw out the box after a week though, which i majorly regret now. Going to be difficult getting it resolved successfully. 

0 Likes
MrBlueFox
Explorer
Options

There is a software fix for it. Keep pestering - happy for you to mention this thread. 

I had my tv tweaked and the problem all but went away. 

I still had an issue with the tv picture freezing and juddering. But they eventually gave me a returns authorisation to take it back to AO and the problem, I found to be resolved when I replaced it with a lovey LG OLED model!! 😅

0 Likes
jf_cole
Apprentice
Options

i'm on the latest software/firmware and its still there.

Anyone know what the engineers do on the software side in the hidden menu to try to disable? I turned off the "speaker EQ" and the sound was rubbish. These are my options in the hidden menu:

20210118_210228.jpg

0 Likes
connieboy50
Explorer
Options
I've just noticed this problem with mine, I got the TV about 2 months ago and h gave already had a repair on the case that wasn't properly clipped to the screen, since I've been back at work on early shift and I have the TV on quite quiet in the morning I've really noticed this sound like wind blowing through the speakers, and now I've noticed it, it's really annoying, gonna phone them tomorrow, here we go again 😔😔😔
0 Likes
Cartwright75
First Poster
Options

How do you get the software fix? I have been online to Samsung, via chat, they deny all knowledge thats its a known issue.

0 Likes
pk13
Student
Options

Finally, the issue resolved a technician came and make some sound adjustments with a technician’s remote control and change a value from 19 to 23 and the wind noise disappeared.

DerZeit
Apprentice
Options

I bought Q60T two days ago. And i have same issue. At low volume level (1-5) there is a wind blowing voice. It is annoyying.

DerZeit
Apprentice
Options

Did you see which value have been change by technician?

0 Likes
dcambs
First Poster
Options

I bought a Q60T and also have this annoying 'wind noise' issue.  Is there a fix that can be applied?

0 Likes
Joe2020
First Poster
Options
I've had dozens of responses and we are yet to see someone get a decent fix. no acknowledgment from Samsung of their being a build fault either.

3 options from what I've seen.
1. get used to it
2. buy a sound bar or external speaker. dont buy Samsung out of principle.
3. refund.
0 Likes