Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE50Q60TAUXXU Sound Issue At Low Volume (Like wind blowing)

(Topic created on: 12-10-2020 02:08 PM)
CoatesieUK
Explorer
Options

Hi

I purchased the above set on Friday and all seems ok apart from one issue with the sound - when there is either no or little sound being broadcasr in the program / film being watched there is a definite 'wind blowing' sound coming through the speakers.  When I mute then the sound disaooears - has anyone else encountered this issue?

Many thanks 

75 REPLIES 75
MrBlueFox
Explorer
Options

And now magically my repair has been cancelled...

91B3F881-8EF3-47BF-BA91-57D13A6B7ADC.jpeg

Annoyed4
First Poster
Options

Bought 6/9/2020 heard bubbling couple of weeks later. Spent an hour trying to speak to someone. Unable, went abroad 2 weeks. Had long web chat where they confirmed it was a known fault and they were investigating and couldn't tell me how long they had been or when it would be resolved. I said I wanted a refund ...they said not after 28 days! ( I have transcript 🙂 .). Rang currys and eventually got through, ringing me back Saturday . If no joy I'm going small claims or recharge via credit card. They are actively selling known faulty products. Never Samsung again!

0 Likes
Annoyed4
First Poster
Options

See my comments below

0 Likes
MrBlueFox
Explorer
Options

In a strange turn of events, this is now a known issue. Funny that(!)

I have been told to "await a software update promptly". Alas, they can't tell me when "promptly" will be...

0 Likes
CoatesieUK
Explorer
Options

I escalated my issues through the 'contact the CEO' option and have had a reply today that they are investigating and will get back to me.

0 Likes
CoatesieUK
Explorer
Options

I am nearly at an end with this whole saga....

I managed to get an uplift reference number from Samsung which allows me to return the TV for a full refund from where I purchased.  To be fair, Samsung have admitted it's an issue with some (not all) of the sets and are working on a fix and therefore cannot guarantee that I will have the same issue if I replace with the same model.

Now, since I purchased the TV the price has dropped £250, and there is currently an offer of 50% off a sound bar if purchased with a TV.  So I have ordered the same set and added on the HW-Q70T - overall, once i've claimed the 50% back for the sound bar, it will cost me £50 more, but I will have far better sound than I would have with the TV on it's own.

MrBlueFox
Explorer
Options

Can you tell me how you went about getting the uplift? That'd be really useful. I'm at a loss. The frame-rate/judder issue is also affecting the picture on certain sources too (you're welcome to PM me the case reference so they have something to link it to - if you don't want those details in the public domain)

0 Likes
CoatesieUK
Explorer
Options

Hi.  I used the link here:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus/email-the-ceo/

Filled the message with as much detail as I could, including transcript of my conversation with the online help and my Samsung repair references, and also posted links to the messages in this group.

They provided me with the uplift code which I went back to where I purchased from and they confirmed they would accept it and it's being collected on Saturday to be sent back to them on Monday at which point a full refund will be issued.

Glad I kept the box!

MrBlueFox
Explorer
Options

Superstar. When you get your new one, can I have your box??! 😂

pk13
Student
Options

I bought the smart tv QE50Q60TAUXXH a month ago and I noticed the same wind noise issue when the volume is low (1 - 4). I contacted with the samsung support and told me that they hear about this issue first time and i told them about this official sumsung's forum (no comments). They sent me a technician and told me that other three same model smart tv's had the same issue and it is ok and under manufacturer spects and he can not do anything. I told the technisian and the samsung support that this is an issue, not a major problem and if samsung know about it and is going to resolve it by a software upgrade or some other way. No ansewre about it the only thing they told if i want to escalate the conversation to the complans department and they gonna call me. I told them yes but no one called me till now.

Any comments from Samsung generaly because Samsung Hellas does not give an answer and clames that I hear wind noises.