Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE50Q60TAUXXU Sound Issue At Low Volume (Like wind blowing)

(Topic created on: 02-10-2020 12:07 PM)
CoatesieUK
Explorer
Options

Hi

I purchased the above set on Friday and all seems ok apart from one issue with the sound - when there is either no or little sound being broadcasr in the program / film being watched there is a definite 'wind blowing' sound coming through the speakers.  When I mute then the sound disaooears - has anyone else encountered this issue?

Many thanks 

75 REPLIES 75
CoatesieUK
Explorer
Options

They came back again yesterday, replaced the main board, no difference.  I've contacted the supplier and they've told me to contact Samsung to get an "uplift reference number" to enable them to either replace or give a full refund.  I will do this today and will do some research into a different model or supplier largely due to the fact that the price dropped by £200 3 weeks after I bought it, so would prefer a full refund and to be quite honest I just don't want to have the same issue on a replacement.

0 Likes
MrBlueFox
Explorer
Options

Also suffering with this. Raised a call and was told “yes engineers are aware, please check back in a week”

0 Likes
CoatesieUK
Explorer
Options

So, Samsung said to go the supplier, supplier said to go back to Samsung and ask for an uplift reference number to enable them to refund or replace.  Samsung say they cannot give an uplift number due to the time that has passed and I am expecting a call from their resolution team in the next 48 hours.

Interestingly they said they were aware of the issue as it's a new TV.  Well, get it resolved then!

MrBlueFox
Explorer
Options

They've also replaced my speakers and mainboard now - and lo! Problem still exists!! lol

0 Likes
CoatesieUK
Explorer
Options
Resolution team were to call me within 48 hours..... now been 2 weeks!
0 Likes
Cairnsyyy
Journeyman
Options

I also just bought this TV and have the same problem.

I’ve updated the software but have the same issue. I’m not keen on getting them out and replacing the speakers and mainboard if it doesn’t fix the problem.

guess I’ll have to call them tomorrow .

Cairnsyyy
Journeyman
Options

Update; I’ve returned the tv and got a refund. It’s a known issue and sadly there is currently no fix 😞

MrBlueFox
Explorer
Options

Who did you talk to? I got this...

they don’t do refunds apparently??!

16AC9E93-CDB9-4FB0-8747-4D49E84F0750.jpeg

9B59C694-882D-4532-97AB-2898E34777A4.jpeg

0 Likes
Dhruv1
Student
Options

*Edit

Secured refund. Deleted account.

0 Likes
MrBlueFox
Explorer
Options

As per other thread updates this is not a known issue to Samsung across any model. An engineer is due to visit to investigate

E6E0DE5F-640A-4198-89A6-D7912239FB98.png

0 Likes