Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE50Q60TAUXXU Sound Issue At Low Volume (Like wind blowing)

(Topic created on: 14-08-2020 12:57 PM)
CoatesieUK
Explorer
Options

Hi

I purchased the above set on Friday and all seems ok apart from one issue with the sound - when there is either no or little sound being broadcasr in the program / film being watched there is a definite 'wind blowing' sound coming through the speakers.  When I mute then the sound disaooears - has anyone else encountered this issue?

Many thanks 

75 REPLIES 75
Joe2020
First Poster
Options

Yeah, just got this TV and certainly have this issue.  Have you received any advice??

0 Likes
CoatesieUK
Explorer
Options

Hi Joe

No, nothing so I logged it as a fault with Samsung and an engineer is coming out next Thursday to take a look.

I thought I was going mad but then saw one other person describing the same issue (probably more accurately as it sounding like wind).

Will let you know what the outcome is, but definitely worth reporting it as a fault (I got a call to book the appointment within half hour of filling out the form on the Samsung site) as will be covered by the warranty.

Cheers

Ian..

CoatesieUK
Explorer
Options
Hi Joe

Engineers have been and are coming back in a couple of weeks to fit new speakers. If that's not the issue then it could be the main board.

Would recommend logging it as an issue with Samsung if it's under warranty.

Ian..
Joe2020
First Poster
Options

Will do, thank you for letting me know

0 Likes
kanel71
First Poster
Options

We’ve got exactly the same problem. Last week the engineer fitted new speakers but that made no difference. This week we’ve had a new motherboard and that hasn’t worked either. Engineer rang his office and they are now saying it is a software issue that Samsung are aware of and are working on a fix. Can’t say I’m convinced but we will have to wait and see.

0 Likes
CoatesieUK
Explorer
Options

I've noticed there is a software update on the Samsung website (1304.1, my set is currently 1302) which annoyingly isn't showing up when trying to update via the TV itself.  I may have a go at installing via USB and see if it fixes it.

0 Likes
CoatesieUK
Explorer
Options

This is getting to be a major annoyance now.  Installed the firmware update, no difference.  Engineers came yesterday and as I was working they replaced the speakers whilst my wife was there.  20 minutes later I heard them leave.  Excellent!  Asides from the fact that when I went to the TV and switched it on they clearly had not remedied the issue (they even said they had a new main board to fit if replacing the speakers didn't work).  They didn't bother to ask me or my wife to check, just replaced and left.  Then in the evening I get an email from Samsung delighted in the fact that my repair had been complete!  So, they are coming back again next week.

0 Likes
kanel71
First Poster
Options

We’ve reached the end of the road with ours. Samsung don’t know what else to do so it’s going back to Currys and we’re getting a refund.

0 Likes
Nige1
Explorer
Options
I have the same issue, engineer is coming next week with speakers and board but this doesn't make good reading 😕