Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE50AU9000 Image Brightness/ Contrast Issues?

(Topic created on: 11-01-2023 12:13 PM)
skinje
Apprentice
Options

Hi All,

I have recently noticed that my Samsung Qe50AU9000 TV randomly changes the picture to an image quality that I can only describe as "heavily saturated". As soon as I open the Samsung Picture menu in Settings the image will reset to much better levels. I.e. If the setting is Dynamic, I only need to highlight Dynamic again (not toggle any parameters) and the frame resets. Likewise if I was to change source from Amazon Firestick (default) to, say, Samsung TV and back to Firestick the picture resets.

I have done a factory reset of the unit and the problem persists. My question is, based on the images attached is this an expected smart TV feature (i.e. auto brightness etc.) or a fundamental performance issue with the unit? The TV is still under warranty so I am able to replace via my vendor, I just want to eradicate any user settings from root cause first.

Thanks in advance for any comments and if more information or images or required please shout up! 

Image.jpegImage2.jpegImage3.jpegImage4.jpeg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @skinje     A  fewn things you could try. 

May well be an issue if the Eco Mode is on, Settings - General - Eco Solution -Ambient Light Detection - Off - Energy Saving Mode -Off >-Motion Lighting >-Off.

Can you also check the Intelligence Mode, Home -Settings -General -Intelligent Mode Settings -Adaptive Picture, disable if activated.

In Expert Settings select Picture Clarity and Disable LED Clear Motion if activated.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
skinje
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the feedback @JAMES4578 , appreciate it. I'll implement these changes and report back to the thread. 

skinje
Apprentice
Options

Hi @JAMES4578 ,

Annoyingly the problem persists even with all power saving and dynamic picture settings turned off. It's looking like it might be a TV issue so I'll get a warranty claim lodged with my vendor. Thanks so much for your help. 

Best regards,

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@skinje  oh right, thanks for confirming.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes