Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE49Q80TAT Connection

(Topic created on: 19-06-2020 04:30 PM)
bez1
Journeyman
Options

I have the above TV connected to a Samsung HW-Q800T Soundbar.

The soundbar is connected to the TV through the HDMI e-ARC  to HDMI 3 e-ARC port on TV as per the instructions.

All works.

However when  i turn the TV on it tells me there is no signal on HDMI 3. This is annoying, how do I stop this message?

Regards

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @bez1 ,

have you tried to connect this to a different port to see if this is still happening? 

0 Likes
bez1
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for message.

No, as only HDMI 3 is the ARC connection on the TV. 

Regards

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Do you have any other devices connected to the TV? IF so, are these operating correctly?

0 Likes
bez1
Journeyman
Options

Yes, cable TV to HDMI1. Engages immediately I turn cable box on.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is strange. Are you able to tell me how long have you been experiencing this issue? Would you be able to check the following things?

-Examine the cable to see if this is presenting any damage.

-Trying a different cable to determine if there is an issue with the cable or the port. 

0 Likes
bez1
Journeyman
Options

Have tried 2 cables now. The latest is an HDMI 2.1 high spec. Both fitted this week. 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

No worries. Let's try this:

- Check that you are using the supplied HDMI cable or a HighSpeed HDMI cable between your TV and the soundbar.

- Ensure that you are using the top HDMI input labeled "HDMI OUT (ARC) (toTV)" and not the HDMI Input on the back of the soundbar.

- Ensure that the HDMI control functionality of your TV is switched on and the audio output in the menu of your TV is set to ARC or External.

0 Likes
bez1
Journeyman
Options

Thanks,

All that is what I have done.

Have just changed satellite box to HDMI1 direct on the TV rather than through the ARC HDMI3 on the soundbox.

This seems much better.

0 Likes