Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE49Q80T doesn’t output DD 5.1 to Sonos Playbar via Optical when watching Freesat HD Channels?

(Topic created on: 18-11-2020 06:20 AM)
garymansell
Student
Options

Hi,

I have just bought a Samsung QE49Q80T and have connected it to my Sonos Playbar via an optical cable.

I can get 5.1 sound to my Playbar from Netflix but only 2.0 from Freesat HD channels that I am sure I used to get 5.1 with my Humax HDR.

Am I missing something here - surely the Samsung TV can output 5.1 surround sound via the optical output to my Playbar when watching HD channels?

Rgds

Gary

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
garymansell
Student
Options

Just to add a bit more to this - I have discovered that Channel 5 HD (via Freesat) comes through as 5.1 OK, but not still not BBC1 HD or BBC2 HD programs that the Freesat guide is saying should be broadcast in 5.1.

0 Likes
Roger8
Journeyman
Options
hi I have recently purchased the same TV, I am getting 5.1 to my sonos playbar, 2 play1, and a sub using an optical cable, but I do not have freesat. I have a BT youview box and freeview channels. The one annoying thing I have noticed with the TV is occasionally I get picture judder/shudder ( but not all the time )Have you had the same picture problem at all
Roger
0 Likes