Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qe49q7cam scheduled recordings don't happen

(Topic created on: 07-01-2018 04:12 PM)
rpurdie
First Poster
Options

I can't seem to make scheduled recordings work on my qe49q7cam TV. I have a low power external USB drive which is powered over the USB bus.

I'm a software engineer by trade and I have a suspicion that the TV powers up when the recording is due, fails to see the USB drive which hasn't powered up yet and then skips the recording. I'm hoping Samsung can fix the software to allow a startup delay for the USB drive so that that will work. Does anyone have any experience of this? Older TVs which are slower to power up might not see the issue with the same drive.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@rpurdie wrote:

I can't seem to make scheduled recordings work on my qe49q7cam TV. I have a low power external USB drive which is powered over the USB bus.

I'm a software engineer by trade and I have a suspicion that the TV powers up when the recording is due, fails to see the USB drive which hasn't powered up yet and then skips the recording. I'm hoping Samsung can fix the software to allow a startup delay for the USB drive so that that will work. Does anyone have any experience of this? Older TVs which are slower to power up might not see the issue with the same drive.

I have had this issue on my ks9500. I do a full reset and then it will work for a few weeks and then stop. It will do time shift and record what I am watching, but not scheduled programs. I have had a new one connect and main PCB board with no luck. Samsung got Martin Saws to do the repairs, and I am still waiting for them to come up with plan D. What with Samsung's poor support and failed promises I am not a happy customer.

0 Likes