Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE32LS03TBKXXU - 32" Frame - Airplay 2

(Topic created on: 21-08-2020 06:04 PM)
Stevemid88
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone,

Bought a brand new 2020 Frame 32" on Saturday, as referenced above.

Having spent a few hours channeling through the wall and aligning the wall mounts, I am really frustrated that the Airplay is now supposedly not available.

I have spoken to Samsung Support on 2x occassions this afternoon, and on both occassions I have been told the TV does not support Airplay 2!

If this is correct, why are Samsung marketing the TV as supporting Airplay 2? I specifically purchased this due to A) how thin the TV was and B) Airplay 2 compatability.

Webpage that states the TV is Airplay 2 compatible:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082643/

Can anyone provide any help?

Thanks

108 REPLIES 108
Mitrekab
Pioneer
Options

Well it is on my 55 2020.  Frame as bloatware I cant delete and memory is down to 1%. Apple music is too again undeletable bloatware stopping the Frame being fit for purpose as an art displaying system.

Vodder
Journeyman
Options

Nice one Elliott! I too can confirm Airplay is now an option under settings on my 32" and works for streaming and screen sharing.

Doesn't look like there is a built in AppleTV+ app (yet) although you can get around that with Airplay.

Unless my memory deceives me, it does look like Colour Tone is "new" in settings in Art Mode. Still no motion sensor option - assuming this is even HW possible on the 32". There is a motion lightning option in the main TV settings, which unless is really poorly named, suggests there is a motion sensor.

Side comment - if the "gallery" app can sync between devices, why can't the "Art mode" app sync between devices?

0 Likes
Stevemid88
Explorer
Options

Great result for the Airplay. It has appeared on my TV too.

Still getting the flickering on a daily basis...hopefully that will get addresses in the next SW update.

0 Likes
PaulHX
Explorer
Options

Nice one, Elliot.

Result - I can get rid of that temp HDMI to USB-C cable!

Now, where is Apple TV?!

IMG_6355.jpeg

TC83
First Poster
Options

I’m thinking of buying the 32” Frame and have read through all the comments. Am I right in concluding that following the update, AirPlay is now available?

0 Likes
mcdan
Journeyman
Options

Yes I just used airplay today to stream a pod cast to my 32" Frame TV. Happy Samsung got this all worked out.

Darry
Explorer
Options

Airplay now working finally, still waiting for Appletv+ app to be made available. Google assistant is due June 2020 according to the Samsung page for this tv, but not actually available. Seems this tv was released months before the software was ready. 

PaulHX
Explorer
Options

Latest update from President’s office as of this afternoon is that they are expecting Apple TV app available this week.  Let’s see....

Darry
Explorer
Options

Update 1304 is available from Software Update... cannot see any difference, so perhaps a stability update.

Darry
Explorer
Options
0 Likes