Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE32LS03TBKXXU - 32" Frame - Airplay 2

(Topic created on: 21-07-2020 06:51 PM)
Stevemid88
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone,

Bought a brand new 2020 Frame 32" on Saturday, as referenced above.

Having spent a few hours channeling through the wall and aligning the wall mounts, I am really frustrated that the Airplay is now supposedly not available.

I have spoken to Samsung Support on 2x occassions this afternoon, and on both occassions I have been told the TV does not support Airplay 2!

If this is correct, why are Samsung marketing the TV as supporting Airplay 2? I specifically purchased this due to A) how thin the TV was and B) Airplay 2 compatability.

Webpage that states the TV is Airplay 2 compatible:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082643/

Can anyone provide any help?

Thanks

108 REPLIES 108
PaulHX
Explorer
Options

The President's office has acknowledged my form.  Now awaiting their detailed response.

Will share as soon as I know anything.

Mike681
Student
Options

Hi Community!

Today on my eurepean version of 32" Frame tv was a sw update to version 1302.

Unfortunately without airplay or apple tv support   😞

mcdan
Journeyman
Options

Just to confirm the 43" does indeed have the Apple TV app. Waiting to update to 1302 tonight or tomorrow on the 32". 43" did it a day or two ago, for some reason the 32" has problems although I don't know why. It can stream anything perfectly fine so it's not the wifi connection.

PaulHX
Explorer
Options

Yep, mine has also updated to 1302.5 and no Apple TV or Airplay 2.  Not that I need it, but also no Google Assistant - which was another promised feature due in June. 

And regular viewers of this thread will not be surprised to hear that there has been no follow up feedback from the CEO escalation I made on Friday!

0 Likes
PaulHX
Explorer
Options
Out of interest, did your 43” unit have Apple TV or Airplay before the 1302 update, or is it part of the 1302 drop?
0 Likes
Stevemid88
Explorer
Options

Just updated to 1302. I tried to find a list of updates within 1302, but have had no luck.

Can anyone share a link?

0 Likes
ElliottLP
Explorer
Options

@PaulHX - not sure if you've had a reply yet but I also sent a message to Samsung's PO last Friday and got the following email today:

On 22 Jul 2020, at 12:21, President Office Escalations <*******> wrote:

Good afternoon [me], thank you for your patience while this matter has been discussed. Our AV department have explained that the Airplay feature is forthcoming (I am awaiting confirmation of the release date), however they have advised that the SmartThings app will enable mirroring onto the screen, can I confirm if this has been attempted or if you require any support with setup in the meantime?

Regards
[Samsung Rep]
Senior Customer Services Executive | UK & Eire
Samsung Electronics UK
Samsung House
1000 Hillswood Drive
Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PS

I replied back that mirroring is only compatible with Windows 10 PCs and which leaves me out of luck streaming my MacBook to it. (Basically that's why I'm on here; bought it as a second work monitor to WFH that won't look out of place in the kitchen and doesn't need wires to tug a MB Pro off the table.)

Also said it would be useful to everyone if they could send out a general comms to warranty registered owners when she has a general date it will be available. Wouldn't count on it, but if she replies back to me I'll put it on here.

So... good news!! No set date and could be weeks/months, but there was no point in her making a false promise so we will get it eventually. Now time for a beer.

PaulHX
Explorer
Options

@ElliottLP  Unreal.  Just checked my emails and word for word.....

Dear Mr H, thank you for your email. I am still discussing this with our AV department who have explained that the Airplay feature is forthcoming (I am awaiting confirmation of the release date), however they have advised that the SmartThings app will enable mirroring onto the Frame screen, can I confirm if this has been attempted or if you require any support with setup in the meantime?

Regards,

Kirsty 

So I've also replied stating that SmartThings does NOT help and that the required resolution is to provide the AirPlay & Apple TV features or a unit that will. I do not think I'm being unreasonable.

Stevemid88
Explorer
Options

Great effort Elliot/Paul.

It is finally a bit of positive news, potentially from someone who actually knows what is going on.

Shame about their misunderstanding of mirroring - SmartThings is not mirroring, its like a clever remote.

PaulHX
Explorer
Options

Another mail today from the President's office to say that AirPlay "will be implemented shortly" and that they will let me know when it has been released.

Of course we'll all know when it HAS been released.

All any of us want to know is when it WILL be released, which remains a mystery. 

Next steps: I will attempt to ask Samsung to define what "shortly" means.