Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE32LS03TBKXXU - 32" Frame - Airplay 2

(Topic created on: 13-07-2020 04:50 PM)
Stevemid88
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone,

Bought a brand new 2020 Frame 32" on Saturday, as referenced above.

Having spent a few hours channeling through the wall and aligning the wall mounts, I am really frustrated that the Airplay is now supposedly not available.

I have spoken to Samsung Support on 2x occassions this afternoon, and on both occassions I have been told the TV does not support Airplay 2!

If this is correct, why are Samsung marketing the TV as supporting Airplay 2? I specifically purchased this due to A) how thin the TV was and B) Airplay 2 compatability.

Webpage that states the TV is Airplay 2 compatible:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082643/

Can anyone provide any help?

Thanks

108 REPLIES 108
Stevemid88
Explorer
Options

To find a quick solution to one of the problems, I have had to buy an Apple TV for £100+. 

Its not ideal, its an extra set of cables, but I have no choice for the time being.

Glad to hear you had some sort of feedback from Samsung Support though. They were incredibly USELESS for me and offered no advice, (or even hope!) that there would be an update soon.

Vodder
Journeyman
Options

Been playing more and the UX isn't getting any better - put it in portrait mode and there is nothing as simple as wanting to view "only" portrait mode images - not landscape ones that sit there with masses of blank space top and bottom 😞

Doesn't appear to have a motion sensor either even though its referenced. The 49" in the kitchen comes on when you walk in the room. The 32" you have to turn the thing on which defeats the purpose... Not leaving it on 24/7 just because.

Someone please tell me I'm being an ***** and missing something?

Vodder
Journeyman
Options

interesting; i d i o t gets * out. Seems excessive 😕

ElliottLP
Explorer
Options

In case anyone speaks to a customer support rep for Samsung, here's another example of Samsung's product web site stating that the 32" Frame should have Airplay2 and the Apple TV app:

https://www.samsung.com/ie/lifestyle-tvs/the-frame/qled-technology/

Under Mobile Mirrroring there is the footnote, *AirPlay 2 functionality is available on all 2020 and later Samsung smart TV.

On the 1 July I contacted Samsung support via online chat and spent an hour explaining the lack of Airplay2 and AppleTV app with the assistant. She seemed confident that it should be there guiding me through the generic checks/tasks until she eventually remote controlled onto my TV. She did a full reset and the TV went through the setup up to the point where I had to enter my username/password for the new Samsung Account. A quick check after the completed factory reset and I confirmed with her that the AppleTV still wasn't there. Eventually she took my mobile number and left me with this:

Samsung UK Support 5e28285084ec30034d4b1a66
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 15:07:50 UTC
I understand, rest assured that we will escalate this. Thank you for your understanding.

It's coming up to 2 weeks and haven't heard anything but I'll chase them sometime this week and post any updates. If Samsung can just confirm if the Apple functionality is genuinely coming in an future software update then that would do me.
PaulHX
Explorer
Options

You see that in itself is really poor customer service.  Taking you through menus and checks when they could have easily checked Known Issues for the model number and linked the ticket for you to save your precious time and sanity.

Now they've left you hanging in the same way myself and others have.

Today I tried a new tactic - Twitter. Support was on to me in seconds, with very public reassurances that they will help me.

As soon as we get into the details in the DM (not public) radio silence.  Have chased and nothing.

Conclusion:

Telephone, email, webchat, forum moderators and now social media = same dire service.

Darry
Explorer
Options

@ElliottLP wrote:

In case anyone speaks to a customer support rep for Samsung, here's another example of Samsung's product web site stating that the 32" Frame should have Airplay2 and the Apple TV app:

https://www.samsung.com/ie/lifestyle-tvs/the-frame/qled-technology/

Under Mobile Mirrroring there is the footnote, *AirPlay 2 functionality is available on all 2020 and later Samsung smart TV.

On the 1 July I contacted Samsung support via online chat and spent an hour explaining the lack of Airplay2 and AppleTV app with the assistant. She seemed confident that it should be there guiding me through the generic checks/tasks until she eventually remote controlled onto my TV. She did a full reset and the TV went through the setup up to the point where I had to enter my username/password for the new Samsung Account. A quick check after the completed factory reset and I confirmed with her that the AppleTV still wasn't there. Eventually she took my mobile number and left me with this:

Samsung UK Support 5e28285084ec30034d4b1a66
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 15:07:50 UTC
I understand, rest assured that we will escalate this. Thank you for your understanding.

It's coming up to 2 weeks and haven't heard anything but I'll chase them sometime this week and post any updates. If Samsung can just confirm if the Apple functionality is genuinely coming in an future software update then that would do me.

SAMSUNG chat did exactly the above to me, accept they insisted the TV was faulty and got me to take it back to John lewis for a replacement.... and assurred me the replacement would have airplay and appletv.... It didn't. I've had 3 chats since then and they promised to call back on 2 occasions... I've not had one call back... I've been waiting since 3 June!

PaulHX
Explorer
Options

Unreal. If they're not able to update this unit with the promised features, they should just say so and arrange for closest available replacement to be issued that does.

Darry
Explorer
Options

@PaulHX wrote:

You see that in itself is really poor customer service.  Taking you through menus and checks when they could have easily checked Known Issues for the model number and linked the ticket for you to save your precious time and sanity.

Now they've left you hanging in the same way myself and others have.

Today I tried a new tactic - Twitter. Support was on to me in seconds, with very public reassurances that they will help me.

As soon as we get into the details in the DM (not public) radio silence.  Have chased and nothing.

Conclusion:

Telephone, email, webchat, forum moderators and now social media = same dire service.

Hi PaulHX, I've just posted to twitter also... based on your message I will refuse to DM, and just add to the conversation about each failure to fix the issue.

Darry
Explorer
Options

PS. GOOGLE ASSISTANT Advertised on all sites as coming in an update in June... so that's non-existant also.

Stevemid88
Explorer
Options

It seems like Samsung had to meet a Product Launch deadline, which means the software has been deemed "OK for now". 

Hopefully there is a fix in the works, but the lack of communication, whether by Twitter, by the Support Telephone line, formally on the website or so on, is truly disappointing.

Its probably because the staff we can communicate with simply dont know.