Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE32LS03TBKXXU - 32" Frame - Airplay 2

(Topic created on: 02-07-2020 12:44 PM)
Stevemid88
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone,

Bought a brand new 2020 Frame 32" on Saturday, as referenced above.

Having spent a few hours channeling through the wall and aligning the wall mounts, I am really frustrated that the Airplay is now supposedly not available.

I have spoken to Samsung Support on 2x occassions this afternoon, and on both occassions I have been told the TV does not support Airplay 2!

If this is correct, why are Samsung marketing the TV as supporting Airplay 2? I specifically purchased this due to A) how thin the TV was and B) Airplay 2 compatability.

Webpage that states the TV is Airplay 2 compatible:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082643/

Can anyone provide any help?

Thanks

108 REPLIES 108
Vodder
Journeyman
Options

Same here, delivered with 1112. I’ve also noticed that some of the TV options also grey themselves out for no apparent reason. For instance, I could run the check for updates option yesterday afternoon but when I went to do it again last night it said it wasn’t available. The TV was connected to the internet at the time too, so it wasn’t that.

Darry
Explorer
Options

@Vodder wrote:

Same here, delivered with 1112. I’ve also noticed that some of the TV options also grey themselves out for no apparent reason. For instance, I could run the check for updates option yesterday afternoon but when I went to do it again last night it said it wasn’t available. The TV was connected to the internet at the time too, so it wasn’t that.

@Vodder you need to be viewing a tv channel, then all options will be available 

Stevemid88
Explorer
Options

Checked mine again. Was deleivered with 1112.4 and no update available.

Cant find 1304 on the website...

Just checked Prime again, and its working. Yesterday was my renewal date, if that had anything to do with it.

0 Likes
Darry
Explorer
Options

Just an FYI, there is a Version 1301.5 released on the US Support site for the Frame 32. Release on June 22.

Darry
Explorer
Options
So perhaps @alvin4 has TV setup for US region.
Stevemid88
Explorer
Options

Are there any limitations for installing it on a UK TV? I am only using mine as an internet device - no terrestrial antenna.

0 Likes
Darry
Explorer
Options

@Stevemid88 wrote:

Are there any limitations for installing it on a UK TV? I am only using mine as an internet device - no terrestrial antenna.

If you are referring to installing US firmware on the UK tv, then the answers is you cannot. It's region specific.

PaulHX
Explorer
Options

I'm in the same situation.  Purchased explicitly as a panel in my home office that I could mirror my iPad or MacBook to when on video calls or building presentations. 

Purchased the TV on June 12.  Wall mounted, went to great lengths to conceal the cable and crushing disappointment where AirPlay 2 wasn't there.

Called support on June 13 and was told firmware update due in around a week.

Called again on 23rd and was told it would definitely be within a week.

Called today (admittedly not in a good mood) and insisted that the call handler speak with the team working on firmware. 10 minutes later she came back and told me that it might not happen at all.  So I complained was told I would get a callback within the next 24-48 hours.

The customer support guys are pleasant but I don't they are trained in delivering bad news or managing expectations properly.

I purchased this TV mainly for AirPlay 2 feature. To not have it a month later and now be told it might be not possible at all is shocking. 

Darry
Explorer
Options

Post a bad review on the samsung tvs page, but give it 5 stars, that way it appears on the first page.

PaulHX
Explorer
Options

I did but just had to 1* it.  Also posted to John Lewis where I bought it.

I know they'd probably let me bring it back but I can't punish a company that's closing stores and making people redundant for the incompetence shown by Samsung.

They don't care. In another thread a lazy moderator told someone with the same problem "if the feature isn't on your TV, then it probably won't get it".  Bad advice all round.