Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE32LS03TBKXXU - 32" Frame - Airplay 2

(Topic created on: 02-07-2020 10:32 AM)
Stevemid88
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone,

Bought a brand new 2020 Frame 32" on Saturday, as referenced above.

Having spent a few hours channeling through the wall and aligning the wall mounts, I am really frustrated that the Airplay is now supposedly not available.

I have spoken to Samsung Support on 2x occassions this afternoon, and on both occassions I have been told the TV does not support Airplay 2!

If this is correct, why are Samsung marketing the TV as supporting Airplay 2? I specifically purchased this due to A) how thin the TV was and B) Airplay 2 compatability.

Webpage that states the TV is Airplay 2 compatible:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082643/

Can anyone provide any help?

Thanks

108 REPLIES 108
ElliottLP
Explorer
Options

If you go on the Samsung support website for this 32" model, there is currently a software update available for version 1112.4:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE32LS03TBKXXU/

It's a 1162.56 MB zip file that you can upgrade via a USB stick. Given its the size of a small operating system, there must be some significant software packed in it. I've checked the menues in my TV and 1112 is the version currently applied so it must be the initial release that it got shipped with.

In terms of other Frame models, in 2018 I bought a 49" which was a John Lewis exclusive. In 2019 it received a software update which added Airplay2 and the Apple TV app. So I think its pretty much a sure thing that all TV's from 2018+ have it too. As this 32" was a 2020 model, my mistake was simply assuming it was to be a feature straight out of the box.

My hunch is that as this 32" is a 1080p HD TV (and to reduce manufacuring costs), it's One Connect box is a slimmed down model to the one the 4K TVs come with. It would explain why its missing the invisible cable, integrated FreeSat/DVB tuner, and ethernet. Given that the TV at least has a One Connect box, its probably capable of Airplay2 but Samsung didn't manage to develop it to run on the limited hardware in time for when they wanted this product to ship.

So it may be that we just have to play the waiting game for them to tweak the software so it can run on the slimmed down hardware inside this One Connect unit.

Darry
Explorer
Options

Samsung have also missed the date for Google Assistant... was due in June, according to the Frame 32inch page.

Also any mention of Apple has been removed from the UK Frame 32 page... but still showing in the US site and on AppleTV+ still listed on the John Lewis site. Samesung really should provide an update on this. Shows complete lack of customer care. 

alvin4
Student
Options

Update is available now 

Darry
Explorer
Options

@alvin4 wrote:

Update is available now 

Hi @alvin4 Where are you seeing this update? I'm not seeing any new update available on Software update menu.

alvin4
Student
Options

Settings-support-software update 

check new update you will see new version 1301. I have it updated but don't see anything new, still no Apple TV, no AirPlay, no universal remote. 

Darry
Explorer
Options

Thanks @alvin4 but no updates showing on my frame 32. Will try again tomorrow.

Stevemid88
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately mine is saying no update available (Im on 1112).

IS there an update list somewhere?

0 Likes
Stevemid88
Explorer
Options

Further to this, my Amazon Prime app has stopped working...

0 Likes
Darry
Explorer
Options

@Stevemid88 wrote:

Further to this, my Amazon Prime app has stopped working...

I had to resign in to amazon today. So perhaps something has been reset server side

0 Likes
Darry
Explorer
Options

@Stevemid88 wrote:

Unfortunately mine is saying no update available (Im on 1112).

IS there an update list somewhere?

Firmware can be found here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE32LS03TBKXXU/

latest shown is 1112.4 which my tv has now and what it was delivered with.

0 Likes