Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE32LS03TBKXXU - 32" Frame - Airplay 2

(Topic created on: 21-06-2020 11:42 AM)
Stevemid88
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone,

Bought a brand new 2020 Frame 32" on Saturday, as referenced above.

Having spent a few hours channeling through the wall and aligning the wall mounts, I am really frustrated that the Airplay is now supposedly not available.

I have spoken to Samsung Support on 2x occassions this afternoon, and on both occassions I have been told the TV does not support Airplay 2!

If this is correct, why are Samsung marketing the TV as supporting Airplay 2? I specifically purchased this due to A) how thin the TV was and B) Airplay 2 compatability.

Webpage that states the TV is Airplay 2 compatible:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082643/

Can anyone provide any help?

Thanks

108 REPLIES 108
Mike681
Student
Options

Hi to all,

yesterday i purchased The Frame 32" QE32LS03TBKXZT.

No airplay or Apple TV app works for me either
I am very upset about it !!!
Samsung Support's answer that this model does not support Airplay.
On the Samsung homepage, however, it is clearly written that every "The Frame 2020" supports Airplay2.

In a customer review at Amazon I read that the German model GQ32LS03T does not support Airplay either. The buyer had information that there will be an update soon .....

Stevemid88
Explorer
Options

Sorry to hear of your troubles too Mike.

I am holding out hope for an update, but it could be a long time off - 6 months, 12 months... who knows.

It frustrates me that Samsung are not taking any interest in this. The customer service/technical helpline is shocking, and there appears to be no way to speak to someone at Samsung who is actually knowledgeable the product and the situation.

Stevemid88
Explorer
Options

Come on, Samsung. Help us out.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082643/

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 17.42.53.png

Stevemid88
Explorer
Options
Stevemid88
Explorer
Options

Canadian website Visions.ca noting it as Airplay 2:

https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/56251/samsung_32_the_frame_2020_qled_fhd_smart_tv?categoryId=0...

Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 08.39.39.png

Seems like mis-advertising on a global scale...

Stevemid88
Explorer
Options
Vodder
Journeyman
Options

Eurghhh... was rather hoping not to find a thread on this and that there was a simple fix but sadly not...

We have the 49" in the kitchen and absolutely love it and thus were really excited at the announcement if a 32" model, a much better form factor for the bedroom. So much so, I bought a 2nd for the hallway to loop photos of the family. Just unboxed them both and rather gutted to find what you all are already aware of:

No AppleTV+ app

No Apple Airplay

No invisible one connect cable (!!!)

I've since found tiny print mentioning the grey cable - do I now have to put holes in walls to "hide it"?! - and the only loose reference to Apple missing is "regional differences may apply" - that'll be their get out of jail card.

We were going to subscribe to the art app too once these had arrived but now I don't even know if we'll keep them. Properly frustrated and disappointed ☹️ 

Whatevver
First Poster
Options

Hi. I have the same new 32 inch and the same issues. Here is a screenshot from a YouTube video from someone walking around the CES fair? The 32 inch was clearly marked with AirPlay. Wonder what happened. 

9F6E4CC6-4E6A-401F-BBBF-78964E0FBE54.png

Here is the link to full video: 

https://youtu.be/MUbJeK_J9vs 

ElliottLP
Explorer
Options
Well done for capturing that. Samsung needs to respond whether a software update is due. They have one more week otherwise I’m unscrewing my 32” and taking it promptly back to the John Lewis in Cambridge.
Stevemid88
Explorer
Options

Hopefully it is all due in a software update??

Do we know if the 43, 50, 55, etc all have Airplay 2 enabled?

0 Likes