Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 23-10-2020 02:14 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Gamer1
Explorer
Options

What tv are you guys looking into?

I want a new one two, hvave looked into the new Sony led and the Lg cx serie :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options

Hi after 3/4 generations of TV since my nu8000 and still no proper netflix dolby atmos or dolby vision support on Samsung TV i too am looking at the Sony. Worry too much about screen burn on oled a d lg nano cell TV is still an ips panel so blacks are not as good. Most reviews are really praising the Sony 900h series for good local dimming and now with latest firmware 2.1 hdmi ready for my xbox series x

Gamer1
Explorer
Options

Yeah I dont like this with lg the screen can get screen burn. I also look at the nano led but those panels have problems with glare.
Sony xh9005 I read the tv have issue with bleeding cus sony have to few backlight sones. 

Have you tried g-sync on your telly?
For now it seems to be useless on my q9fn screen flickers but in nvidia control panel it comes up as g- sync supported.

Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options

Hi I have only xbox one x console but have got the freesync ultimate active on my nu8000 and the game motion plus to auto and really happy with the picture quality. 

The.sony has the 2.1 hdmi and you won't really notice the blooming if your moving from another Samsung 

Masq
Navigator
Options

Probably a Sony. Not sure which model. Nothing for at least a year for me. I mainly game on my Sony X900F now. Picture isn’t as colorful as Q8FN and local dimming as good, but the screen is brighter than the Q8FN (post patch) and it has no DSE at all (no big gripe with Samsung TVs)

Probably won’t get an OLED. Burn in issues, and I find them to have too dark of a picture for my tastes.

HDMI 2.1 / 4K/120 / VRR all musts 

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options

Hi 

Been looking at the Sony 900h which has just had a firmware update to enable 2.1 hdmi and vrr and freesync it also goes brighter than oled but slightly less colour gamut compared to Samsung qleds. However.my.nu8000 does have.freesync ultimate working fine with my xbox one x. I had to use the 2nd monitor output from my denon av3600h connected to hdmi 1 on the TV with hdmi 4 as the return arc for apps in the TV. This allows the TV to switch to game mode as soon as I switch the console on and yeah picture quality is as good as you can get in game mode but that has its own problems as no no TV currently can do 4k 120hz with proper hdr they just can't do it yet. Plenty of you tube videos explaining why. Another problem just identified by the you tube channel stop the fomo is that hdmi 2.q chips used in av recievers and tvs are not always compatible one chip uses uncompressed signal one chip uses compressed signal and the chips will only accept 1 or the other not both types of signal this can result in a blank screen when connected via an amp or soundbar.  This won't be fixed until 2022 according the reports. At the moment I guess when my xbox series x arrives will have to see what my nu8000 does and what screen modes it allows me to select. By that time I would also guess reviewers will have tested the 900h with 2.1 hdmi and should be just in time for black Friday. Have already got an offer on my nu8000 for £350 which I think is about as much as will get for a 2yr old tv that has no damage and I even have the box still. 

So just got to wait and see I guess. The lg cx series looks amazing but does not go as bright as an lcd and I worry about burn in. 

Masq
Navigator
Options

Completely agree with the burn worries with OLED, as well as the decreased backlight.

thanks for the other info, very informative! 
I also have a Xbox Series X pre-ordered, trying to determine where to set it up. The Q8FN is in my living room with my AVR and a few game consoles. 
But because Samsung has completely NERF’d this TV with FW updates, I have been using my Sony X900F 99% of the time for gaming (2nd setup in another room).

I’m playing right now on the Q8FN. That’s what caused me to come to this thread again. I had forgotten just how gimped this TV had gotten... not to mention, my panel has really bad DSE that the Sony does not have.

So, 900H huh? I guess that’s 2 models about my 900F? Definitely need to look into this. I need and HDMI 2.1 TV anyway ^_^

Masq
Navigator
Options

Firmware 1310.4 is out now.

Local Dimming in Game Mode is still broken / non functional, but the overall screen brightness looks much improved to me on my Q8FN

Buckwilder
Pioneer
Options

Did they add eARC capability?

Masq
Navigator
Options

Hi. Idk, I don’t have devices with that capability. Didn’t see any release notes, but update seems solid so far, at least for the backlight increase.