Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 17-08-2020 12:48 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Masq
Navigator
Options

Does anyone know what “Game Mode Optimization” means? What specifically has been done? Is it better?

not blindly updating anything Samsung ever again. They break more than they fix with these FW updates.

testdriver69
Pioneer
Options

No idea, but i played fallen order on my one x just before and after the update.

There is a rotating loading icon in the lower right hand corner on a black screen .

Before the update this icon was surrounded by a halo caused by the backlight/dimming .

after the update this strong highlighting is gone.

another thing, when switching inputs there sometimes was a flickering in brightness, like a strobe effect - this is also gone. 

on my ps4 pro at the loading screen there is the PS logo on a black screen and it looks very good, deep black and a very bright white font without bleeding backlight.

i dare to claim that 1300.4 is way better than the last fw update

Masq
Navigator
Options

FreeSync bug? 

Masq
Navigator
Options

Excellent, good to hear! I just updated, I am messing around with it. I did try the Samurai Shodown intro to test the local dimming. It’s still not working in Game Mode. The picture does seem to be a bit improved, but I don’t know if that’s just placebo effect. 

I’ll update as I play more stuff. Please do the the same!

0 Likes
testdriver69
Pioneer
Options

how do you check : tv display mode now with 1300.4 ? in the updates before you had to press the round "enter" button in the middle on the remote and then the tv displayed the mode it is in:  4k @ freesysnc , etc .... it is not working any more ?!

Gamer1
Explorer
Options

Its working on my q965fn, clicking on the button under enter first then enter on the hdmi port and you get the info for whats showing on the screen.
However I got a remote issue, keep disconnecting. Have to pair it a few times a day.

Masq
Navigator
Options

Same for mine / Q8FN 

0 Likes
Rafael_39Br
Journeyman
Options

Automatically updated on my 55Q6FN. I didn't notice any difference, I use game mode on the PC.

0 Likes
testdriver69
Pioneer
Options

I am doing exactly what samsung wants us to do - buy a new TV, but not from samsung any more. I'm out !

Masq
Navigator
Options

Same. Never again