Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 12-08-2020 07:13 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Neoman22
First Poster
Options
My firmware is 1294
0 Likes
Masq
Navigator
Options

Does firmware 1294 fix the broken Local Dimming in Game Mode and nerfed brightness in Game Mode that Samsung introduced a couple updates ago?

I'm on 1292, and the Local Dimming and Brightness in Game Mode is gimped, but I don't want to update to 1294 if it's gonna make the picture even worse.

Samsung should allow us to rollback to the 2-3 FWs ago where we had amazing picture in Game Mode with beautiful HDR, no blooming, and great  a great bright screen at only 28-30 brightness (instead of max like it has to be now)

Gerry11
Apprentice
Options

Every time you update firmware you should recalibrate your settings for PS4 or Xbox HDR. That should fix your problem. 

I have latest firmware and calibrated again and it's perfect! 

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Hi

Think you missed a bit there. If you connect the xbox or ps4 directly to the tv it will auto detect and also allow freesync to work on xbox one. But you will not be able to select Dolby atmos. If you connect xbox ps4 directly to the soundbar or av receiver you will get dolby atmos but at the cost of losing auto detect from the tv to switch it into game mode automatically and auto low latency mode. And all the tech guys will tell you the best and perfect way to keep resolution and keep latency to a minimum is to connect directly to the tv. The sound can be adjusted if you have lip sync issues easily in menus on the tv or the aV receiver and you will also have to select game mode manually. I believe newer 2019/2020 av receivers and sound bars may now also detect the hardware and tell the tv to auto change to game mode maybe that's where e arc comes in as the data between the 2 is improved
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options

sorry ignore this p was referring to the no dolby atmos thread at the same time.

I notice this is about random reboot which has been sorted with firmware 1294.

However some have already said the last update has dimmed game mode but must say I have not noticed it but then as my nu8000 is only edge lit maybe it doesn't make difference. 

Masq
Navigator
Options

Not likely. The Local Dimming function was broken when using Game Mode 3 updates ago, as was the overall backlight brightness in Game Mode.

1292 update didn't fix it. That's why I was asking if 1294 fixes it. I have no interest in installing another update that breaks more than it fixes.

theres blooming all over the place in Game Mode now. It has nothing do with HDR. This is with HDR on or off.

My guess is that there's some issue with running FreeSync with Local Dimming turned on, which was causing the random reboots a few firmwares ago. Instead of fixing it Samsung just made it so Local Dimming does nothing in Game Mode. But they also decreased the backlight output in Game Mode. Oh well. 

Masq
Navigator
Options

Here's a video that I made today.

watching the falling cherry blossoms. 1st time thru is Game Mode on. 2nd time thru Game Mode is off. All other video settings are exactly the same.

I then turn Game Mode back on for the 3rd pass, horrible blooming. Samsung introduced this issue about 3 updates ago and have done nothing to fix it

https://youtu.be/WJGMeIVof2M

2nd pass starts at the 1:21 mark if you don't want to watch Game Mode turned off and wait for the loop to restart.

Gamer1
Explorer
Options

New firmware out, version 1300.4

Anyone know anything about it?

Masq
Navigator
Options

Too afraid to try any new FWs.

testdriver69
Pioneer
Options

gamemode opimized !

Update-Version 1300.4 -August 2020

• Verbesserung der Vorschau-Werbekachel im Kunstmodus (The Frame)
  • Ländererweiterung (Australien, Brasilien, Mexiko, Vietnam, Russland, Indien) bei TV-Plus
  • Sicherheitsupdate
  • Strukturanpassung in den AGBs und Datenschutzbestimungen
  • Opitimierung des Spielemodus