Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 06-04-2020 08:59 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
reedogeo
First Poster
Options

it has been fine since 1290. It says 1292 is ready now so I am updating to that now. I have a NU8000 though.

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options

That's what I have and just updated from 12.92 to 1294.1 today.

12.92 came out couple of months ago 

12.94 only solves some memory issues on the apps not a major fix.

0 Likes
Masq
Navigator
Options

Did they fix the diminished picture quality and backlight brightness in Game Mode that they introduced in update 1290.2?

0 Likes
Gerry11
Apprentice
Options

Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Hi Gerry

Forgot to update the original post. So had my denon avr3400h repaired under warranty the hdmi board replaced which took out the network capabilities as well.

Was still getting the rebooting occasionally but since the latest denon firmware update couple of months back and the tv firmware update and turning off freesync have bot as yet had a reboot.

Excellent research on your part though well done for getting some answers to the issue
0 Likes
Gerry11
Apprentice
Options

Hi Smazza1970,

Thats same issue they said was mine but under warranty with Richer sounds they made it BER so i got money back and put it towards the x3600h. Which was a nice we bonus. 

P.s Samsung and Denon are yet to provide any update on this or a work around, this was self explored. WHat i can confirm is the freesync works with this too. Thought id reply and let you know. 

Gerry

0 Likes
Neoman22
First Poster
Options

Dear Sir,

I have put 2 fans on top of OCB Q9fn 65 inch but i still experience the same problem rebooting while watching 4k hdr contents. I solve it by cooling the ocb removing the power outlet or force reboot my tv.

Is there any solution to this problem

Best Regards  

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Hi

What firmware are you running
0 Likes
Neoman22
First Poster
Options
The latest firmware update
0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options

Hi 

That's ok but what version as the tv will not always download to the tv over the air 

I am on 1292

0 Likes