Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 05-03-2020 10:25 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Masq
Navigator
Options

Hi Smazza1970

its definitely not a "settings" issue. Dealing with this TV over the last 15 months has made me a quasi expert with the TVs settings and how to fine tune it.

I noticed the decreased backlight brightness and less vibrant color immediately after updating to 1290.4

Inwas already playing my Xbox One X at the time. Then did the update while still in Game Mode, the TV restarted, and immediate picture degradation. Other people have also had the same issue and have commented on the USA Samsung thread, on my YT video, and on Quantum's YT channel.

Not sure why this has only affected certain users

Masq
Navigator
Options

Hi Chris.

thanks for the suggestions. As mentioned, it's not a settings issue. I have become essentially a quasi expert with this TVs settings over the last 15 months of dealing with it. I am extremely analytical about PQ and getting the settings perfect. 

i do not have a Q9FN. I have a Q8FN, but FW 1290.4 applies to both TVs.

I immediately noticed the change after letting the TV install the update.

I noticed that you use backlight at 50 in tour settings.  That's where I have to have mine set at now to get the previous backlight output. Prior to the update my backlight was at 35 and was as brighter than it is now at 50. The colors also appear slightly washed out, which cannot be fixed. The weird screen tearing that your getting while moving the camera around is likely due to having the Game Motion Plus turned on. This causes weird issues I'm in games designed to run at 30fps.

other people also have this same issue and have noticed the backlight decrease and color vibrancy degradation in Game Mode, it's not just me. It only effects Game Mode. This update also destroyed Local Dimming in Game Mode, at least with the Q8FN

antoniovidaljr
Explorer
Options

I'm starting to have enough of this customer abuse!   Just like the Democrats thinking people are stupid!   We know when we are being treated like *****s.

You run your business and you are up there with the big boys, but we got you there!   The same way we can get you back down!   The ball is on your count!

Bad reputation destroys big boys!

Jaca24j
Explorer
Options

Same here. Q6fna has no freesync reboots but the image quality after update is terrible. Samsung is a lot of *****. I advise everyone to buy this brand. I think they think people are blind.

scb74
First Poster
Options

My Q9FN 65" was turning itself on and off randomly.  I tried every recommended fix that Samsung support told me to do, but nothing helped.  I recently tried something on my own and I turned off the TV's wifi and the problem has stopped.  It is a pain to logoff and login to the TV wifi when I need it, but at least it is not turning itself on anymore.

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Just out of interest do you use the tv for gaming and activate the freesync?
I had issues on game mode where the tv would go off and proper restart showing the smart hub. Then firware 1290 came out and it seemed to fix it but recently I have had the tv just go to a black screen for 2 seconds then come back on. So I checked settings and turned off the freesync and so far no black screen. U think the freesync obviously has an issue working with the xbox one x. I dont have the tv wifi on as I ran an ethernet cable to the router so it's hard wired
0 Likes
scb74
First Poster
Options

Hi, no, I don't use it for gaming nor do I use freesync.  

@Smazza1970 wrote:
Just out of interest do you use the tv for gaming and activate the freesync?
I had issues on game mode where the tv would go off and proper restart showing the smart hub. Then firware 1290 came out and it seemed to fix it but recently I have had the tv just go to a black screen for 2 seconds then come back on. So I checked settings and turned off the freesync and so far no black screen. U think the freesync obviously has an issue working with the xbox one x. I dont have the tv wifi on as I ran an ethernet cable to the router so it's hard wired

0 Likes
Masq
Navigator
Options

I get the "black screen for 2 seconds" thing occasionally as well, but it's usually only with the PS4. I don't recall this ever happening with Xbox One. I've seen other people complain about this issue as well on PlayStation forums. I think it's more of an issue with the PS4 than any particular TV though.

0 Likes
Gamer1
Explorer
Options

Hello hello...

Anyone tried out the new firmware ver 1292.3

Masq
Navigator
Options

Didn't know there was one, but I am scared to try it...

0 Likes