Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 23-11-2019 11:00 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Masq
Navigator
Options
Let us know what you see. May just be psychological, but since yesterday the PQ with my Q8FN seems to not be as good. Like in games that I have played many many hours in seem to have more jaggies and the color doesn’t pop as much.

I noticed this last night before I knew of the FW update... weird. My TV says it’s still on 1251. I don’t think this is correct. I think the FW automatically updates, but doesn’t display the newer FW version # until you accept the update (even though it’s already been installed).

Could just be my conspiratorial mind, but the picture quality does seem lesser for the same content since yesterday
0 Likes
Gamer1
Explorer
Options

I think you notice what I see, the picture is darker less light. I had to adjust the brightness more and still I think its worse.
In the setting. There are less to do now in the settings, like you cant adjust colors, contrast for low - high and so on..
I will reset the tv tomorow and it might be a glitch or is this the purpose to fix the game mode.
Havent tried the xbox yet so with freesync I dont know how it is when my pc got nvidia.
Will report more when I know more....

Masq
Navigator
Options
You know what, you’re right! I just tried Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4. The brightness in HDR (backlight 50) is a lot lower than before and the colors don’t pop as much! More of a washed out look. Funny thing is, my TV still says it’s on firmware 1251.

What a joke!
0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Hi
I am pretty sure your firmware should be on 1270 that improves the colours and contrast. However it's that firmware causing the tv to reset if you enable freesync. They released firmware 1290.4 on the 21st November that's what we are waiting to see if they have fixed the freesync issue
testdriver69
Pioneer
Options

Played Crackdown 3 in freesync ,1290 on my q9fn yesterday for 5 hours straight , no crash. When my headache is gone I will continue testing :D, could have been a lucky gaming session.

i did not notice any difference in picture quality or brightness - and i am usually very sensitive to moderate changes in visuals and audio. i was playing crachdown 3 just the day befort the fw update with several crashes and i am sure i can pretty much remember how the picture looked ... but this is just my personal impression .

Masq
Navigator
Options
I’m pretty sure that they already phantom installed the 1270 FW, even though it still says 1251.

I just now said screw it and accepted the update to 1270 after never doing it. It didn’t even download anything. The download bar was at 99% for less than 1 sec after pressing yes and then the TV restarted.
0 Likes
Masq
Navigator
Options

I also checked for another update. Looks like 1270 is still the newest for USA, which is weird. Does the newest one really fix the FreeSync issue?

0 Likes
Gamer1
Explorer
Options

Well now I have tested on xbox one x and I cant see any diffrence with the contrast then the 1270 fw.
With the pc the screen was darker then it used to be in game mode. I have the same setup and game and it got alot darker so glad this did not effect xbox...

And here comes the good part, there have not been any reboot after playing for hrs. I really hope this will last.
Its weird US do not have this firmware yet, it should be out now...
Everyone please report if any random reboot happens with 1290.

Leeho
Student
Options

Update-Version 1290.4 - November 2019

• An error in interaction with SKY Q (flickering) has been fixed.
  • Automatic HDMI detection has been improved.
  • Memory optimization for NU7400 / 7500.
  • An issue where freesync can cause reboots has been fixed.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Aktuelle-Changelogs-f%C3%BCr-Samsung-TV-Updates-der-gro%C3%9F...

Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Hi
This is excellent news then thank you for updating us.
I tried the over the air update search.again last night and the TV still says no update found. Is it easy do the usb update
0 Likes