Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN One Connect Dolby Atmos/ eARC? HDMI Issues?

(Topic created on: 08-05-2019 01:33 PM)
HuntleyR
Student
Options

I just got a Q9FN and having similar issues to others that I have found.  I have a Denon 4400H receiver, with the eARC updated firmware,  I have a Dolby Atmos setup.  The only way I can get Atmos to work is to run all compnents through the receiver hdmi, then ARC to the OneConnect Box...  I lost the ability to have the FreeSync option when gaming, and the auto game mode, and I also run into handshake issues everynow and then.   If I switch from xbox to comcast or something, sometimes I lose all sound and have to power everything down....  very frusterating. 

I would love to use the OneConnect box as intended and just use the ARC to the receiver, but I can't get it to have Dolby Atmos, even with high end UBD9700 Samsung BluRay player, or any Nexflix app (TV or Xbox)..  So, yea.. sounds like the OneConnect box can't handle Atmos.    I'm hoping for a firmware update, but who knows???   Its' just stupid that a $3k TV can't do the latest audio format that has been around for a few years now...  I'm tempted to return the TV and go OLED..

Ideas??

Thanks

81 REPLIES 81
Daskew78
Explorer
Options
with respect, you should start a new thread for that!
Regards
Fredg46
Explorer
Options

@Rashyd wrote:

DD+ seemed to be grayed out. 

The TV should automatically change to DD+ once the show is on, mine does. Try pausing once the show is running then go into settings on the TV to check. If it's not on DD+ then it may be a setting in Prime. If your connected wireless then try a cable connection to the internet.

0 Likes
Fredg46
Explorer
Options

Sorry forgot to add, try a different HDMI cable from the TV to the soundbar and makes sure it is high speed 2.0a. Also I know it's not on this thread but I did have problems with my remote for a couple days it was playing up, but yesterday it needed to be reset for some reason and now it works, also I have ordered the 2 free remotes and extra fibre optic cable which is part of our premium warranty for buying a premium TV, don't forget to get yours before your warranty stops.

0 Likes
Fredg46
Explorer
Options

@Rashyd wrote:

DD+ seemed to be grayed out. 

Make sure the soundbar settings are on Surround, even though it should automatically go to Dolby Atmos when detected.

0 Likes
Rashyd
Explorer
Options
This is in Australia?
0 Likes
Fredg46
Explorer
Options

@Rashyd wrote:
This is in Australia?

Yes, I live on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland.

Fredg46
Explorer
Options

You should have your expert settings on the TV to set to Bitstream and not PCM, if it is not greyed out. If it is greyed out then it means the source is not giving you Bitstream and you will not get DD+.

Do you have a good internet connection and speed?.

0 Likes
Daskew78
Explorer
Options

Guys, even if you manage to get DD+ enabled you are only getting a very heavily compressed version of Dolby Atmos (I managed to get it working with the Amazon Primate Video App only).

ARC is only capable of  around 1mbps and you need far more bandwidth for Atmos which is why it's not going to work without either Samsung upgrading the TV to support eARC (which they won't do) or splitting the signal as I have done and sending the audio directly to the AV reciever/Soundbar.

Regards
Fredg46
Explorer
Options

I agree

0 Likes
Rashyd
Explorer
Options
Darn! I thought so.
I was so excited about this sound bar and the TV thinking that I can get top notch media but it has disappointed me so far. Not worth the $6,500.

I mean, it does work if your playing it through another media source (like Nvidia shield when connected directly to the Hwn950 soundbar) and with downloaded content but other than that, it's useless for Atmos content.
0 Likes