Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN - firmware 1292,3 did NOT fix HDR too dark.

(Topic created on: 14-07-2020 08:23 PM)
boscacci
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

here in Italy I just found and installed the firmware 1292.3 on my 65Q9FN, in the hope that this could fix the HDR Cinema mode being way too dark after the november firmware.

I did a factory reset BUT unfortunately the picture still remains unwatchable: I must set Local Dimming to High to have something accetable, but that means more blooming etc. Prior to the november firmware update, the HDR Cinema mode was just fine, even on low or medium local dimming.

The SDR contents are reproduced correctly, without issues.

Samsung, what the hell are you doing with these great TV ??

12 REPLIES 12
illia
Student
Options

I confirm my tv QE55Q6FN firmware 1292,3 image is dark when viewing hdr content, dark after the november firmware 1290.4 ,SAMSUNG DAMAGET SOFTWARE MY TV

testdriver69
Pioneer
Options

only found german changelog

Update-Version 1292.1 - Februar 2020

• Fehler, dass bei Updates zu wenig Speicherplatz angezeigt wird, wurde behoben,

only an error when updating displaying "running out of space"  was fixed

Update-Version 1292.3 - Februar 2020

• Der Fehler wurde behoben, dass Geräte der NU7400/NU7500-Serie Updates wegen zu wenig Speicherplatz nicht installieren konnten

same thing for NU7400/NU7500-Series

Q9FN reladed : ZERO

Jon9678
Student
Options
Same thing on NU8000. Noticed HDR10+ content does not have this issue.
LetMeTurnOffHDR
Pathfinder
Options
I will sue SAMSUNG if they dont fix this ***** HDR, I cannot watch anything on any platform.
Id rather by an old LCD TV than this dark *****.
LetMeTurnOffHDR
Pathfinder
Options
Looking for people interested on a worldwide class action lawsuit against Samsung to fix this issue and allow users to turn the ***** HDR processing off once and for all.
DRACON1C
Explorer
Options

+/ Q9FN's Game mode HDR is even worse than Movie mode. Bright areas not bright like Movie mode. Local Dimming algoritm is bugged in the Game mode.

0 Likes
Jaca24j
Explorer
Options

I have q6fna and the same problem

Tom_B1
Pioneer
Options

Still no word of Samsung? The Q9FN's game mode got destroyed/heavily nerferd by one of these firmware updates and I think this also happend to the Q8FN. Please fix it Samsung, don't let your customers down on this issue. We all paid for a premium product and we deserve some support!

DRACON1C
Explorer
Options
We need a new update to fix these issues.
SAMSUNG! support the requests of users who use these premium TVs.
Otherwise you will lose a lot of real customers!
0 Likes