Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN 55in with HDMI issues with black screen

(Topic created on: 02-05-2020 06:12 PM)
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

Hi, about a month ago I started experiencing issues while on my PS4 when the screen at first would go black every 20secs(approx), increasing to every 5secs and then losing the HDMI signal. I tried turning the TV off and pulling all cables from the one connect box and then switching it back on again after a few minutes to reset the ports. After putting all cables back in, the TV now did not recognise any of the media I had in the ports before. What I noticed after a number of hours the TV being off and then trying again, it would work again and recognise everything again, but only for a number of hours before returning to the same fault. Can anyone help, my TV is only 1year and 3months old and I have a 5year warranty.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

Another thing my tv does is if it is on all day it turns off and on every 30secs.

When the TV turns back on when having these issues it displays the Samsung Qled logo. I would appreciate a moderator getting back to me on this.

One thing I will add, is my Samsung N850 soundbar started to lose sound for a split second every 10secs before the tv switching on and off and of course the soundbar is conected to the one connect box via HDMI. I did switch off the soundbar before the tv started switching off and the tv sound was fine.

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Barrys_Qled! What is the software version your TV is currently running on? Menu > Settings > Support > Software update > Update now. Also, have you tried using a different HDMI port or a different HDMI cable to see if the issue persists? In regards to the soundbar, if you move the cable around slightly whilst it's plugged in, is the audio distorted?

0 Likes
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

Hi Carol, thank you for the reply.. my software version is 1294, I have checked for updates and none were found. After reading other posts about black screen issues I ordered another expensive 4k HDMI cable, but still have the same issues. When I first turn the tv on everything works fine I have a Nintendo Switch, PS4 and soundbar and all is recognized in source, but after a number of hours and I start getting the black screen issue, both PS4 and Switch have no signal to both. So I would say it is not due to my cables as both consoles have the same issue.

0 Likes
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

if I add, moving the HDMI cable at the connection to the one connect box currently does not effect sound quality.

I have also changed the HDMI inputs to another port and still have the same issues.

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Right, please unplug all devices from the TV and proceed with a reset: Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset. Next, plug the devices back in again and monitor the issue to see if it reappears.

0 Likes
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

Ok I will give it a try. I will let you know the outcome.

0 Likes
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

The issue with the black flashing screen every 5-10seconds has started happening again after the factory reset. 

0 Likes
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

Tried turning TV off unplugging hdmi cables and waiting a minute before reconnecting the PS4 again, it failed to recognise in source. I also tried pulling out all hdmi cables and power cable from the one connect box, waiting a few minutes and trying again, tried the PS4 and it worked, but noticed the sound was muting for a split second every 15secs and after a couple of minutes the black screen issue happend again.

I feel this is some kind of overheating issue to me, hopefully by the one connect box and not the tv, as stated it only happens after a number of hours of play.

0 Likes
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

Hi Carol, could you give me any thing else I can try to rectify my issue?

0 Likes