Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN 55in turning off and on by itself

(Topic created on: 22-05-2020 10:17 AM)
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

I have already posted an issue on this forum about a Hdmi issue I'm getting where I lose signal after about 4hrs of the tv being on, but I'm also getting an issue where my tv is switching on and off by itself and after reading a post on Samsung us forum I think this is my issue and maybe related to my hdmi issues too. The moderator said that its an issue with 2018 models which mine is too.

PSB link...

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/Samsung-QLED-TV-Turning-Off-and-On-by-itself-remo...

Can a moderator please help me on this.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Barrys_Qled! Can you confirm where this TV was purchased from? Can you share the full model number and the software version the TV is running on? Menu > Settings > Support > Contact Samsung.

0 Likes
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

Purchased from: Currys

Purchase date: 18/02/19

Model number: QE55Q9FNA

Software version: 1297

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Thanks for this information. Can you please disconnect any external device from the TV and monitor it? Does it still turn off and on by itself? Please also remove and insert again the batteries on the remote. Should this still not help, proceed with a reset: Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset. 

0 Likes
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

Already tried everything above, I got all of this from the post I sent above. Seems like I have a faulty one connect box or cable. My big issue is if I have Currys/team know how collect my tv to repair, I have not got the box to send it to repaired.

I read in the post above that samsung can open a diagnostic screen on your tv and see if the cable/box is at fault, so I dont have to send my tv back and I can just get new equipment.

0 Likes
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

I also lose sound for a split second every 30secs to 1min, does this also explain a power outage?

0 Likes
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

Just fyi another issue this could be is the tv plugged into a faulty old surge protector and not directly into the wall. My tv used to be plugged into an extension surge protector, but now it's in the wall.

Maybe I should become a mod Carol because it seems I know alot more than the brit support on this forum. It is a shame I'm not in the US cause it seems there support is so much better and not generic/robotic/waste your time responses.

I have already dealt with you before and last time you didn't even come back to my reply, so I hold no faith in receiving anything positive from you this time.

My brother was looking to buy the same model tv as I have and after the horror show dealings here and Samsung direct, he certainly now will not be making the £2000 purchase and will probably go for LG or Sony.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Barrys_Qled, Each case deserves to be treat as an individual. :winking-face:

And with regional differences between the products it's not always the same cause and valid solution for an issue.

Have you been in touch directly with Support regarding the TV? They can run you through the relevant troubleshooting steps in one fell swoop to help you better determine exactly what's going on in your situation and advise/take action on any next steps for you.

Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

Thanks ant for the reply, I contacted Samsung direct and a supervisor there is organising an engineer to look at my tv out of warranty. I suppose I got real lucky.

I do feel my issues are related to the US community after reading many posts about the one connect box and invisible cable in both US and UK.

My issue with Carol is in one of my last posts she asked me to monitor my TV after giving me a possible solution, after the issue came back I replied to the post and got nothing back. I feel a response to say we have tried everything and there is nothing more I can do would of been nice and acceptable.

My TV was bought from Currys and there repair company TeamKnowHow has had so many bad reviews on Trust Pilot recently and trying to call them is a nightmare. I was cut off after holding on for over an hour four times. The other problem I had was I got rid of the box as I expected my TV to last for years until I had problems, so sending it back and stories I had read was a big worry.

I have spent hours reading faults with Qleds and viewing videos on YouTube after I got Samsung to agree to repair my TV I took out insurance for my TV with Samsung.

All TVs I have had in my life generally lasted for over 10 years, I feel I will have a few issues with my Qled over time and maybe we all need to be signing up for extended warranty after purchase.

0 Likes